I need help with a question.

  1. My dad has been in a nurseing home/rehab place in Texas He had five strokes. Can they just throw him out if its after the ten day thing for his insurance? hes been there two weeks now. how can I get help finding help about the laws on nurseing homes? Im all new on this subject. Need help just where find the laws on this subject.
  2. Visit missyhart profile page

    About missyhart

    Joined: Feb '07; Posts: 2


  3. by   meownsmile
    Try your local department of aging or county health department and see if they have information to help or they can put you in contact with someone to help with arrangements and/or financial planning.
  4. by   Ginger35
    I believe that most communities have what the call an ombudsman for the elderly - I think the county's dept on Aging and In Home Services (they over see nursing home placement) would have the contact information for you.
  5. by   fultzymom
    You need to utilize the social worker who works at the facility. She should have all the contacts you need to get help for your father. Does he qualify for Medicaid or would he be considered private pay after the insurance limits are up? What about Medicare? I wasn't sure if it comes into play. Not sure of his age. There are many resources out there. Do not be afraid to talk with the social worker. That is what they are there for.
  6. by   LDJRN
    i'm not entirely sure. but where i work (at a nursing home/rehab facility in texas), after the insurance stops paying 100%, there's a co-pay and they bill either weekly or bi-weekly. but that's here. i agree with another poster, speak with the social worker at that facility and see what other avenues can be taken. hope all goes well.
  7. by   missyhart
    thanks ya helped alot!