silly question

  1. I feel silly asking but it is just something that i have never heard. I am currently going to school in new mexico. when i finish i want to move back to dallas and work so i thought that after school i could choose to sit for my boards in tx. is this right? a girl told me that you have to sit for your boards where you go to school and then transfer your license. BUT i don't consider her very reliable. I have heard all of the horror stories about transferring licenses and don't really want to do that. Any response is appreciated!!

  2. Visit bebenurse profile page

    About bebenurse

    Joined: Jun '04; Posts: 26
    wife, mother, student


  3. by   nursemommyof3
    I've heard you can do it either way. Take it where you are going to school, then transfer. Or take it in your new state.
  4. by   Nashima
    Check out the New Mexico Board of Nursing website at:

    This page provides you with information on any agreements between New Mexico and other states to recognize each others' licensees.

    Hope this helps! Good luck!
  5. by   Simba&NalasMom
    I think most BONs require you to have graduated from a program that they recognize, so as long as your school in NM is accredited and TX recognizes it you should be able to sit for TX's boards; however, I've heard TX is a funny state (ok I'll avoid potshots at the current federal administration tee hee), so best to check with the TX BON, like Nishima said.
  6. by   hippienurse
    Since the boards are now the same in all states, it doesn't really matter. If you have a license in one state you can pay the money and get it in another state....