here are some really good ob links for you
- main page of ob website for students. links are around the globe with the site logo, euniversity.
- list of links of lectures, forms and tutorials on a variety of ob subjects from new york medical college. you can see a slide show presentation of normal and abnormal labor that includes some very nice photographs and drawings to illustrated points here on this site: http://complab.nymc.edu/obgyn/labor%...20abnormal.pdf
- listing of emedicines topics on obstetrics and gynecology
- online student companion website for maternal-newborn & child nursing
by marcia l. london, patricia a. ladewig, jane w. ball, and ruth l. bindler. on the top menu bar of this home page is a drop down arrow where you pick a chapter of interest. once into these chapters you will find an audio glossary of obstetrical terms (you can access it here http://wps.prenhall.com/chet_london_...62927-,00.html
), a summary of information in each chapter of the book, nclex review questions pertinent to the information from each chapter, case study and care map activities (i did not check to see if you get any feedback as to whether or not your answers to these exercises are correct) and nursing tools that include: abbreviations used in maternity and pediatric nursing, a food guide pyramid, rdas for females during pregnancy, recommended dietary allowances, family assessment, guidelines for working with deaf clients, growth charts (10 pediatric growth charts from birth to age 20), west normogram, maternal-newborn lab values including cord blood, pediatric lab values, clinical estimation of gestational age, actions and effects of selected drugs, maternity critical pathways (for diabetes, epidural anesthesia, hemorrhage in the 3rd trimester, puerperal infection, newborn of a substance abusing mother and newborn with respiratory distress), and a whole slue of pediatric care plans
(they only include goals, interventions, rationales, and expected outcomes--no nursing diagnoses). almost all are in pdf files so you need an acrobat reader to download and see these files. each chapter also provides internet links to more online information.
- "vaginal birth" an interactive slide show. also includes a picture and short explanation about c-section.
- good pictures of cervical effacements and dilatation during labor
- online pediatric surgical handbook for resident doctors and medical students. links into common surgical problems in children with brief explanations of the treatment.
- the university of iowa children's hospital of iowa handbook of neonatology
- maternal and child health library at georgetown university links to medical and health information by alphabetical listing