anatomy and physiology in california

  1. Hey everyone! I have taken anatomy and physiology I, and will be in California living for the next 6 months. I need to take anatomy and physiology II, and I was wondering if there were any schools in southern california (san diego area) that offered the course. any info would be GREATLY appreciated!!!!
  2. Visit lp307303 profile page

    About lp307303

    Joined: Dec '06; Posts: 1


  3. by   Daytonite
    Hi, lp307303!

    You will find that most community colleges that have a nursing program will have anatomy and physiology classes. I see you having a couple of hurdles. (1) You will have to apply and be accepted to a college (2) the college will have to grant you a transfer credit for your Anatomy I class so that you can take Physiology II since Anatomy I is most likely a pre-requisite to take Physiology II. This will mean you will need to be sending a transcript from the school where you took your Anatomy I (3) many schools have waiting lists to get into these classes although not all of them do and (4) while the community college tuition out here is only $20 a unit, you have to be a state resident to get that rate. To be a state resident you have to be living here for a full 12 months. Otherwise, you have to pay whatever the full out of state tuition is for that particular college is.

    Here is a link to a list of the current California state board approved RN nursing programs: These schools should have anatomy and physiology classes.

    And, this is an alphabetical listing of the California community colleges with links to many of their websites where you will often find their online catalogs and/or class schedules which will have descriptions of the classes: I recommend that you search for San Diego area schools by telephone area codes or zip codes. As you check through their online catalogs or class schedules looking for anatomy or physiology classes keep in mind that they may be titled or numbered differently than at the school to went to before.

    Here is a list of the California State Universities (these are also state supported, but are 4-year colleges) where you can search for anatomy and physiology classes:

    Here is a list of the University of California colleges (these are also state supported) where you can search for anatomy and physiology classes:

    You can also access lists of just about all the colleges in California, state supported and private at the site above. You will see links to them at the left side of the pages.

    Good luck! And, Welcome to allnurses!
  4. by   HeartsOpenWide
    I did not know that califonia still offered these courses. All the Jr Colleges require anatomy and physio as separate courses and all the State colleges that I know of do the same thing. I had a friend that took a two part combined class and she had to retake them separetly because they would not accept them for her Respitory Therapy school school in sandiego.
  5. by   puresass
    grossmont college in el cajon has A&P I & II.
  6. by   eandgsma
    Like the previous poster said...Grossmont College goes with an I & II format. I'm pretty sure that Palomar College does as well. SD Community College District (Mesa, Miramar, City colleges) have separate Anatomy and Phys classes. You might try MiraCosta and Southwestern as well.