Nursing Student Insurance - page 2

Help:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: I have to have student insurance for clinicals by the 29th of this month, I don't know who to get. Can someone please give me a little feed back on NSO... Read More

  1. by   caliotter3
    At the school I attended, we had to have both personal hlth ins and malpractice/liability ins, as well as proof of immunizations, physical exam, etc. Most people were on their spouse's hlth ins or had their own through a job. We got our malpractice ins from NSO through the school. As I recall, the Student Nurse Assn handled providing the malpractice ins. We had to show proof of all clinical req at our first mtg at school before we even went to our clinical sites. Anything out of order and we were kept from clinical. This was required each semester. I continued my malpractice ins after school with NSO and had occasion to use it. Sued. At the first attorney's mtg, the last question before we finished that day was, "Are you insured?". Then myself and the other defendant were told to notify our insurance carriers. I had already called NSO. Very helpful. It did not take them long to make the necessary calls and find out about the suit. Believe me, you don't know what being involved in a lawsuit is like. Do not even think it would have been easier without my own malpractice insurance.
  2. by   caliotter3
    Forgot to say that if you call NSO's 800 number (or online, for that matter), you can provide the info and pay for your malpractice insurance over the phone (or online). Very convenient.