I was going to reply to a different thread. Something about nursing wages when this one caught my eye and after I read the "platform for federal legislation" the first thought that came to mind was
****YOU MUST BE SMOKING CRACK - RIGHT?****
"Our platform is for federal legislation on these specific issues
1. Nationwide staff to patient ratios based on patient acuity; in every area that nursing care is provided. Hospitals, nursing homes, clinics etc...
2. National legislation that prohibits the use of mandatory overtime that will protect all bedside caregivers.
3. National legislation that will put enforceable and strong whistleblower protections into place for all healthcare workers.
4. National legislation that will prohibit the performance of skilled nursing functions by unlicensed staff.
5. Restrictions on unsafe floating practices.
6. Appropriate monetary compensation for skills and science based knowledge."
Hello???? Federal legislation that regulates how hospitals opreate?
Um, Okay, lets join the MNM and while we are at it, lets abolish managed care and jump right into bed with socialized and/or government sponsored healthcare...This all sounds like some minority rights march or something.
Look, the current state of healthcare is piss-poor enough...Why in the world would you want to drag the federal government into the middle of how hospitals operate???? How freaking narrow minded can you be??? While you are at it lets make sure we have a zero tolerance policy at hospitals too. Oh, and lets make sure that the environmentalists are on site to inspect each and every red biohazard container that leaves the building. Oh, and here is another idea, lets mandate that all hospital meals have the appropriate amount of foods from each of the major food groups...Lets mandate ourselves, our wallets, our taxes and our country right out of healthcare...
Oh, while we are at it - lets have a federal mandate for a nationwide dress code for all nurses. White? Blue scrubs
? Maybe we can mandate cute little teddy bear scrubs. Clogs or White sneakers? Please... MNM you are getting more embarassing as time goes on.