can anyone tell me what to do

  1. my name is ahmed , i'm a doctor graduated from EGYPT since 1993, i'd just came to the usa and i'd like to have nursing license to practice in america, so what i suppose to do know.
  2. Visit ahmedbeta profile page

    About ahmedbeta

    Joined: Mar '01; Posts: 1


  3. by   Tiara
    Could you call your State Board of Nursing and ask them? I would think they could direct you on how you would do this. Best of luck.
  4. by   hollykate
    I don't believe you will get a nursing liscense unless you have also graduated from a school of nursing, take the CGNFS (?) exam and also pass NCLEX. Being an MD does not qualify you to be a RN as well. Tiara has the right idea though, call the board of nursing and they will give you a better idea of what you can do.
  5. by   Michelle_nurse
    There was a nursing student in my class last year who was a doctor in China. She had to go through the 3 years of nursing school. In Canada, they didn't accept it, so I doubt they would accept it in the USA. If I were you, I would call the licensure board.