enteral tube feeding extension, looking for

  1. I am looking for a particular enteral tube feeding device. It is actually an extension tube that has a lumen of 14 french, it is clear, it has a female luer lock on one end and is open on the other end to insert the syringe to allow for bolus feedings. The nurse at this patients MD office said it is a "straight tube with a luer lock. I have been searching with 2 local dme/hme suppliers in my area, to no avail. Does anyone know the correct name of this item and who makes it?
  2. Visit elcaminoman42 profile page

    About elcaminoman42

    Joined: Feb '05; Posts: 11


  3. by   DDRN4me
    what kind of button does it go in to ? Ross makes one that i know of , MicKey the other. you might check with the manufacturer directly.
  4. by   suzanne4
    What you are talking about is called a Mickey..........it attaches to the button on the patient's abdomen and removed after the bolus feeds, if that is hwat they are receiving..........

    If you are having trouble finding it in, check with some of the professional medical pharmacies in your area. Also try the GI labs at your local hospital for the name of the supplier or rep in your area. They are quite easy to find.
    Or check at the peds hospital in your area, they use them quite frequently.
  5. by   elcaminoman42
    Thanks to both of you. We tried the Mickey, the lumen is to small. I will talk to our local hospital, and others.
    Thanks again
  6. by   suzanne4
    Mickeys actually come in multiple sizes.......