Jump to content

Frustration, & Classes

Posted

Do you ever have one of those days that drives you insane? Back in December I took the entrance exam for local community college. The exam placed me in classes I`m not yet ready for. The course I`m taking are online which is mistake number one. Then my English Composition professor thinks I need more remedial English courses first, & the Algebra teacher recommends Pre-Algebra course. I paid 75% of the classes, & books out of my own cash. The remaining 25% was paid with a Pale Grant.

Know I`m at the point were their is no way to pass either class with decent grades. I can drop the classes, however I have to repay the Pale Grant. & there is absolutely no refunds at this point. Keep in mind at this time I do not have the money to repay the grant. This particular school will only allow you to take a class twice. Should I accept the F in both classes? Or should I drop the classes with a bill hang over my head that I can`t pay?

I`m probable looking for $300 on the grant to be repayed. However, my family is existing on my single income atm which isn`t going so well.

Stick with your classes and do the best you can do in them! I too, was taking remedial math before I took college algebra, and yes...at times, it was so frustrating, I found myself crying many days. However, you can do it! Keep your ultimate goal in mind and it will definitely see you through those tough days.

Also, please keep in mind that you need a "C' in order to pass those remedial classes and they do NOT count against your GPA. College courses are the only classes that add to your GPA so don't be discouraged. Try to get as much outside help as possible. There is a light at the end of the tunnell. Pray as well and you will surely be fine!

Hopeing for you all the best. We need more nurses, we need YOU!!!

Do you ever have one of those days that drives you insane? Back in December I took the entrance exam for local community college. The exam placed me in classes I`m not yet ready for. The course I`m taking are online which is mistake number one. Then my English Composition professor thinks I need more remedial English courses first, & the Algebra teacher recommends Pre-Algebra course. I paid 75% of the classes, & books out of my own cash. The remaining 25% was paid with a Pale Grant.

Know I`m at the point were their is no way to pass either class with decent grades. I can drop the classes, however I have to repay the Pale Grant. & there is absolutely no refunds at this point. Keep in mind at this time I do not have the money to repay the grant. This particular school will only allow you to take a class twice. Should I accept the F in both classes? Or should I drop the classes with a bill hang over my head that I can`t pay?

I would be very careful about sticking with classes that you know you're going to fail. Schools allow you to drop courses for a reason. Loosing the money is bad but that can be overcome. Once you get a bad grade on your transcript, that bad grade is there forever and you may not qualify for grants in the future if your GPA gets too low. If I were you, I'd drop the classes and take the remedial classes.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.