School's policy for cheating??

Nursing Students General Students

Published

Specializes in Urgent Care.

We had a big exam yesterday in microbiology. Our instructor was back and forth from our room to the next setting up for lab, and 2 girls noticed at least 3 people cheating. I was told someone was cheating off of me. Another girl and I went to the instructor stating we didn't know for sure because we didn't witness it, but heard that we were cheated off of. He is now notifying the school. What kind of steps do they take to investigate this??

I would think the consequences could be pretty severe. My schools "Code of Conduct" says it is at the discretion of the instructor, but can include an F for the test, an F for the class, or referrel to the Dean of Student Affairs.

Unless other people go to him as witnesses, I doubt much will be done...this time. You can be sure he'll be much more diligent about keeping his eye on these students in the future. Either way, they will likely dig their own graves eventually. If they cheat, they'll probably get caught, and if they don't/can't, they probably won't pass.

You did the right thing by speaking up. My first college experience was at a school where you had to sign an honor code on all assignments. By signing, you were not only promising you wouldn't cheat, but also that you would turn in anyone who did.

Our school states that you need so many pairs of eyes actively seeing the person cheating. If you are caught cheating and it goes to the top you are kicked out for good.

+ Add a Comment