Random thoughts for Number 500

Nurses General Nursing

Published

I happened to look on my little profile thingy and noticed I have 499 posts. So to commemorate this 500th I thought I'd post about nothing. Hey, it worked for Seinfeld, sorta, kinda. So to celebrate number 500 here's what's going on in my mind.

1. I think if I posted at this rate until I retired (30+yrs from now) I still couldn't reach 10000 posts, so hats off to Tweety, Smiling, and others who have posted their hearts out. I thought I posted quite a bit, but appearantly not. Perhaps it's because I avoid the political threads.

2. I love this board and the diversity it brings with it. Many of you folks out there are outstanding individuals and nursing is fortunate to have ya.

3. Drugs are bad.

4. I enjoy reading some of my posts I've made in the past for a laugh or for the fond memory of a coherent thought (at least it was for me), or even if someone mentioned that it was a good post. Positive reinforcement makes me smile. I'm sure my humor and/or words of wisdom are not for everyone; but if anyone out there actually enjoys my posts then I consider my time here a success.

5. I've experienced quite a bit of change in my time here: I've traveled as an RN with my then girlfriend; gotten engaged to previously mentioned girlfriend on a beach (how storybook), bought a huge house back in TX, sold my Miata, and just bought a sweet refrigerator for the new house. For some reason the refrigerator has made me more excited about moving back to TX in September than anything else.

6. I get to attend a couple St. Louis Cardinal games on my way back to TX with my fiance in the final year at Busch Stadium. Hopefully I can get some regalia because our gameroom will be the Cardinal theme. Also, she gets to see where I grew up.

6. Speaking of number 4, my favorite personal thread (that I started) is my what field of nursing...thread because it got alot of responses and was an original idea. My favorite topic is about the CNA and supporting the hard work those nurses have done to improve the profession of nursing.

7. I've become very lazy since coming to CA. Hopefully I can get back to a regular exercise program once back in TX. :uhoh3:

8. I love my current job and only hope I can market myself to do this same job at some lucky hospital in TX. This job is as satisfying as when I was a student working at the VA with the psych patients.

9. So noone thinks otherwise, I do love TX, but hate heat, humidity, big 6 or 8 legged critters, and I'm praying I don't have to work on a hospital floor when I get back because there is no unity amongst nurses to work for better conditions or even to fight for a union to do the work.

10. My lips are chapped for some reason.

Y'all have a great day.

Specializes in PeriOp, ICU, PICU, NICU.

That's original. :) Congratulations :p

Specializes in Geriatric/LTC, Rehab, Home Hhealth.

:balloons: Congrats on #500! Woohoo!! :balloons:

Specializes in Specializes in L/D, newborn, GYN, LTC, Dialysis.

Congrats on a big milestone! And great thoughts! You have a terrific sense of humor.

10. My lips are chapped for some reason.

Y'all have a great day.

Congrats enjoyable and funny to read :rotfl: and finally, try Burt's Bee cherry lip balm :p

+ Add a Comment