Help with care plan

Nursing Students General Students

Published

I was wondering if anyone could help me. Im writing a care plan for my last clinical. My client have idopathic pulmonary fibrosis. I have a nursing diagnosis of active intolerance. my goal was to have client maintain or improve active level. The problem I'm having is coming up with another expected outcome. My first outcome was that client's O2 will remain at or above 88% during my shift. My client is unable to do her own ADL's without her sats dropping. She is unable to have a conversation without her sats dropping. If anyone could help me I would greatly appriecate any input.

Specializes in med/surg, telemetry, IV therapy, mgmt.

Goals can either improve, stabilize or support their deterioration your patient's current condition. Don't feel that the patient must improve. It may not be possible.

Goals are always the expected results of the nursing interventions you are ordering. Before you determine your goals, try looking at the patients symptoms, what you are going to do for them and what you expect to achieve as a result of doing those things (improvement, stabilization, support their deterioration). Those will be your expected outcomes.

I know it's not what you had, but why not Airway Clearance Ineffective?

I Airway Clearance Ineffective to begin with and was told to change it. So I'm unable to use that one. But thank you. I have since found out that my client will not be improving, she will be sent to Pallitive care. So Im now thinking about going with having the client help with ADL's as possible. Do hyou think that would be an exceptable outcome?

Specializes in med/surg, telemetry, IV therapy, mgmt.

Yes. Word it more like, "the patient will maintain current level of participation in XXX care."

+ Add a Comment