Brookhaven/Mountainview

Nursing Students General Students

Published

Specializes in No nursing yet, but assist. to CRNA.

Hey everyone,

I just wanted to get a thread started for all of the BHC/MVC students; please help me get a support system going here. I am starting at BHC in Jan. 07 and would love to make contact with the other new students. It would also be great if the current students would join in too, maybe share some advise;) /horror stories.:uhoh21: I'm sure that you current students have a lot to say.

El Centro/Northlake has a couple of really good threads going, but it would sure be great to talk with those I will be going to school with too.

Good Luck to everyone!

Specializes in Med/Surg, Tele.

Hi, congrats on your acceptance,

hope you get some people to join your thread ,if not , just join us(El Centro fall O6) , we love to support you

Good luck

:welcome:

Hello! I was also just accepted in Brookhaven's nursing program starting this spring. I am very excited and can't wait to get started. Hoping to meet others on here so we can support each other on this journey.

Specializes in Operating Room.

Good luck to y'all! :)

Thanks Fun2Care! It sounds corny, but I just realized that I can now change my profile to nursing student and not just "other" under nursing education.:lol2:

:thankya: Thanks to the NCC/NLC "friends" that are offering support to us at BHC.

Good Luck to you "fun"...I see your getting very close to being done.:bow:

lol....yes..Nursing Student!

Done? I wish! lol 3 more semesters for me......providing I make at least a 46 on my final on Monday!

O.K., O.K., my scrambled brains from all the worry of getting in, when will MY brains come back? Ha Ha.

I miss read your count down, I "saw" ...last semester. Ooops:imbar

You have given so much wonderful advise on your posts, I just ASSUMED (I know) that you were on your way out.

Thanks for getting my head on straight!

lol....Thanks, and again....I wish. :lol2: :lol2: :lol2:

O.K., O.K., my scrambled brains from all the worry of getting in, when will MY brains come back? Ha Ha.

I miss read your count down, I "saw" ...last semester. Ooops:imbar

You have given so much wonderful advise on your posts, I just ASSUMED (I know) that you were on your way out.

Thanks for getting my head on straight!

are there any current bhc students out there that can tell me what i will be responsible for buying before my program starts? like steth, bp cuff, bandage sissors, etc. does the program supply any of these items?

we have yet to get a packet or an orientation and we start jan. 16 with our skills labs. i'm sure we will be informed b4 classes start, but i would like a little time to shop for these items.

also, i want to get a laptop computer and a voice recorder. does anyone have any suggestions on good laptops and/or recorders, and which ones to stay away from? i believe that my lectures will be in a large lecture hall so i want a recorder that does not distort too bad.

thanx for your help.

Just "bumping" this thread up to see if I can catch any other BH students that may be new to allnurses.

I start at BH next week and I am really looking forward to meeting my fellow students, as well as, those already in the program.

If your lurking...please introduce yourself.

Have a happy weekend.

Specializes in OR Internship starting in Jan!!.

Congrats :) I'll be at ECC starting this semester. Good luck to all of you!

+ Add a Comment