Spring Step vs. Dansko

Nurses Uniform/Gear

Published

Specializes in Emergency/Trauma/Charge Nurse.

I tried on Spring Step's the other day, Greta model, they were really soft and felt comfy. They look just like the Dansko Professional model.

sprin119252_44779_lg.jpgSpring Step Greta

I also tried on the Dansko Professional model, I tried on a 41 and it was too big and I tried on a 40 and I had to force my foot in it because of my arch. I don't know if this will loosen up eventually or not but they did not seem as comfortable as the Spring Steps, they felt really hard.

Since I can't really wear them more than a little bit in the store, how do you decide which will be best in the long run? Will the softer feeling keep my feet from hurting like my crocs or should I choose the harder insole for more support? Any suggestions out there would be appreciated.

I already purchased a pair of Clark's Tennis Shoes cheap and they feel okay but I don't know how they will be long term.

Specializes in ICU, telemetry, LTAC.

Well you know everyone's foot is different. So any advice you get here, you take what you need and throw out the rest. It's all good advice, for some feet. I need support, but by god if it doesn't fit the exact way my foot works and help correct my bowleggedness that tries to creep in, it winds up hurting. Those beloved danskos eventually left me feeling like someone took a bat and beat the bottoms of my feet.

As for how you tell in the store, hm that's a really good question. First off do NOT buy any shoes just because they are on sale. EVER. Second, wear the socks you'd actually wear to work. Then think about what you're doing in the shoes. Like, stand around a bit. Then walk slowly, try a brisk walk, if the store's not crowded you might want to try the really fast walk that isn't quite a full-blown run-for-the-crash-cart sprint. Don't forget to jump up and down a little. Then enjoy the looks the cashier gives you after you've done all that for an hour. It's really fun.

Also, no matter how hard you try and research, try on, talk to people, etc. to try and find the perfect shoe, you're gonna buy some that just ... don't cut it and cost you too much. It'll happen, and sometimes the shoes aren't even to blame- work changes, body changes, etc.

Specializes in ICU, Pedi, Education.
I tried on Spring Step's the other day, Greta model, they were really soft and felt comfy. They look just like the Dansko Professional model.

sprin119252_44779_lg.jpgSpring Step Greta

I also tried on the Dansko Professional model, I tried on a 41 and it was too big and I tried on a 40 and I had to force my foot in it because of my arch. I don't know if this will loosen up eventually or not but they did not seem as comfortable as the Spring Steps, they felt really hard.

Since I can't really wear them more than a little bit in the store, how do you decide which will be best in the long run? Will the softer feeling keep my feet from hurting like my crocs or should I choose the harder insole for more support? Any suggestions out there would be appreciated.

I already purchased a pair of Clark's Tennis Shoes cheap and they feel okay but I don't know how they will be long term.

Remember with Danskos that they are supposed to fit big. My first pair of Danskos was a backless pair and I fell in love with them very quickly. I have RSD/CRPS in my right foot and leg and I have spent a lot of time trying to find the right shoes. I was very hesitant to get the Professional style b/c of the back (my ankle is affected the most) until I found out they were supposed to be loose. If you have a local branch of The Walking Company, I would go there and try shoes on before buying anything. They have been a great help to me.

Also, remember that any Danskos manufactured after June 1st will be made in China. Sanita is the company that has always made Danskos shoe base and they are still going to manufacture them the same way they always have. So, I would buy Sanitas from now on if you go with Danskos.

KCn, I too, felt like the Dansko's were hard when I tried them on, but I had several friends say, oh yeah they feel like that but you get use to them after a few wears and then you will LOVE them, so I bought them. I still do not like them because my feet throb after a days wear. I will say that they have excellent arch support but its back to my asics and crocs (with no holes).

+ Add a Comment