Taking the NET on Wednesday!

Nursing Students Pre-Nursing

Published

Well, it's time.... I have to take the NET. I am so nervous! I know it's basically grammar and algebra, but my nerves are getting the better of me. Any tips on getting through this? Thanks in advance for tips/idea/support. I sure am gonna need it!

I will be doing the NET on Thursday. I guess I'm not too worried about it. There is nothing you can really do to prepare for the reading section. And as far as math, I checked out a book at the library to brush up on everything. I am worried about not using a calculator. It's crazy how much we rely on a calculator, and get so used to using one. Good luck and please let me know what you thought of it tomorrow!

Are there any good threads on here about the NET, and what is entails, in depth?? which books are good study aids, etc

I tried to search, but don't come up with much since net is only a 3 letter word, and using the *net brings up sooooo much to dig through. if anyone knows of a good thread regarding the exam, would appreciate it greatly :)

They only interview the top 40 from the test, and then only let in 20 so very anxious about doing as well as possible. :crying2:

Specializes in med surg, icu.

Best study guide for the reading comp section:

http://www.eriproduct.com/detail.aspx?ID=1

My advice for that part is pay attention to the wording of the question being asked. Don't get hung up on one question too long (the timing's pretty tight for the reading comp section).

A decent thread on the reading comp section is here:

https://allnurses.com/forums/f50/failed-net-again-options-135671.html

I take it on Monday. Mine is written, does anyone have an idea of how long it will take to get the results?

I got the study guide from a friend and photocopied the whole thing. lol It looks like it won't be too overwhelming. But 3 hours? That's a long time.

You get the results immediately. I ranked the 97th percentile overall. Is that the norm? It said the "average" is 50, but that doesn't seem like what most of us would get. What is everyone else's scores? (I want to know how good or bad mine are!)

you ranked in the 97th percentile? isnt that good? what was your score on the reading comp? well, i got a 92 on the math (but that doesnt even count :angryfire ) and a 60 on the reading comp. the reason i got that is b/c you only get 30 minutes to read paragraphs and answer 33 questions and i read the paragraphs too carfeully so i didnt finish and ended up having to bubble in 7 random answers. it took me about a week and a half to get my results back. 55 or higher on the reading comp is passing. good luck to you!

p.s. does anyone know how the NET scores factor into the deilberation process? my gpa is a 3.654 (i dont know if thats good enough to get in) and although i passed the reading comp on the NET, i didnt do too hot. well if you know, let me know! Thanks!!!

Here is the breakdown of my scores:

NET Composite Score: 81%

NET Percentile Rank: 97

Overal Comoposite Math: 89%

Whole Numbers: 100%

Decimal Operations: 75%

Fraction Operations: 100%

Percentage Operations: 88%

Number Conversions: 81%

Algebra Equations: 88%

Composite Reading: 73%

Reading Percentile Rank: 81

Reading Level: 73: Independent

I think the reading was hard. I guess "inferance" is harder than I thought. Oh well. It's over. Now, come on, ladies... let's share scores... I would like to know what real people got, not just the "average" score. Thanks.

Taking it today. Did the review book about a month ago, but didn't do much this week, with a Pharm exam last night and everything.

I feel stupid because I have a friend who took it two weeks ago and I didn't ask her more questions on how it went. Though I find it interesting that she took it on a Friday and she knew her scores on a Tuesday when I saw her. (And it was Martin Luther King Jr Holiday weekend too.)

Oh well, I'll find out more today when I take it in about 2 hours.

Malia

Malia,

Is it a computer exam? If so, you get your results immediately. Like, as soon as you're done with the test. There is a math part... fractions, decimals, a couple equations. There is a reading comprehension part. You have to chose the main idea, inference, etc. There is also a big part of your stress levels, your testtaking skills, and your learning abilities. GOOD LUCK!

Specializes in PeriOp, ICU, PICU, NICU.

Congrats on the scores.

+ Add a Comment