the NLN exam ?

Nursing Students Pre-Nursing

Published

what is this ..........the NLN exam ?:uhoh21: ...

It is the National League of Nursing pre-entrance exam. It test in math, reading, and science. It is a bit harder than the NET and I believe the same as the TEAS. Hope I helped!

:uhoh21: oh boy! something else to worry about???!!!

i am still taking pre-req and will be applying to schools for this fall. so when do i take those tests, why do i take them and how do i find out where to take them???

:imbar

Okay, first thing you want to do is call the schools you are applying to and find out when and where to take this test. The test is given to measure your aptitude in these areas. Apparently it is a good marker indicating how well you will do in nursing school. If you're not good at reading comprehension (which is BIG on the test) than how will you do well comprehending material you're reading through nursing school. The same with math and science. You can't do med calculations if you don't have the basics of algebra down. And lastly, if you don't understand some of the principles behind the science questions you won't have a chance with the science expected of you in nursing. If you are applying to Abington or Roxborough ( i think you were the one) than you can take this test at Bucks comm. college. I believe they have a cloers testing center in lower moreland at that text school. Either way, call the schools you are interested in and find out the when and wheres. Good luck!!! Oh, and buy the study book (NLN practice entrance exam) and review this stuff.

what is this ..........the nln exam ?:uhoh21: ...

hi !

like noele1213 said , it is the national league for nursing exam. first you need to find out if the schools that you are applying to require this exam. i took the lpn- nln & the rn-nln a few weeks ago. my school requires that you get in the 40% percentile in addition to a good gpa. i like the fact that i took the lpn-nln first because when i took the rn-nln i was very relaxed. the exam consist of vocabulary words , reading comprehension, math ( basic math & elementary algebra) & science. i studied for a few weeks but not much, because i work full time and attend school. i studied with the arco nursing school and allied entrance exams book & the mary mcdonald rn pre-entrance exam book. they were both good but i found some questions on the exam in the arco nursing book. i did well on both exams. i was extremely nervous because i was asking other students about the exam and some were afraid of taking it and some failed it!!! but to be honest it wasn't all that hard. just test yourself with the book and see whats your weakest subject and focus on it. my weakest is math and i only focused on that and guess what? i scored higher on that in both exams!!!! go figure.:rotfl: well if you have any questions feel free to ask. i remember how i was before i took it.

Specializes in PeriOp, ICU, PICU, NICU.

Get ahold of the recommended study guide: NLN pre-entrance exam by Mary E. McDonald.

Many of my classmates has taken the NET and swear it (the NLN) is much harder. Find out what your school requires to consider passing. We needed to get above 50 percentile to pass. You may only take the exam 2 and with a 6 month interval.

Best wishes to you.

The NLN exam is much more difficult than the NET test. The NLN exam has a section of science which covers physics, chemistry, A &P, etc. The NET does not test in science.Whoever told you the NET was harder has not taken the NLN exam. Even admissions directors will tell you this. Good luck!

Specializes in PeriOp, ICU, PICU, NICU.
The NLN exam is much more difficult than the NET test. The NLN exam has a section of science which covers physics, chemistry, A &P, etc. The NET does not test in science.Whoever told you the NET was harder has not taken the NLN exam. Even admissions directors will tell you this. Good luck!

I agree. My NLN had tons of physics, chem, A&P too. Thing was that physics is not offered at the school nor was it a requirement. God was with me because I did well enough to get accepted to the program. ;)

the mary mcdonald rn pre-entrance exam book - did me well. it's a great comprehensive study guide. i'd read the whole thing (the science section twice), take all the example tests (as well as all 3 of the complete practice tests in the back of the book), and make sure you know how to do all the math problems (examples of all of them will be on the nln - know your percentages, decimals, and fractions very well), . once you're done with that you'll be pretty well prepared for it. that's what i did.. and i turned out with a 149 composite score :D

+ Add a Comment