Need a little help

  1. would anyone know where i could get workers comp. insurance for a per diem agency that i am starting?
  2. Visit kurt profile page

    About kurt

    Joined: Apr '03; Posts: 1


  3. by   renerian
    The agency you work for pays your workman's comp. Do you mean liability insurance?

  4. by   RNonsense
    ?? No clue. Contact your local workmans' comp and ask maybe?
  5. by   nightingale
    Check with your local Chamber of Commerce and ask for a small business resource list. They may have classes available to help you get started too.

    Good luck to you and let us know how you are doing.
  6. by   Agnus
    Go to a broker in you state that specialized in industrial insurance. You will be needing more that workers comp liability and a good broker can help you meet all your insurance needs.

    When we started our business (see my new thread "a new direction" this forum) we actually called a number of general insurance companies. Many were high. Then my husband discoved our broker because he insured one of the houses we sold. (we are the lein holder so we consequently know who the insurer is)

    A broker rather than an insurance company is best because he shops around different insurance companies and finds the best deal. If you go directly to an insurance company you only get quoted their prices.

    First you should check with your state to see if they require you to insure through a state agency.

    You can find brokes (independents) in the phone book. You can and probably should still shop around some but the broker will likely give you the best deal.

    Have you the paperwork started for your licenses?

    You need to go to someone licensed to sell insurance in your state as insurance industry is regulated by each state.
    Last edit by Agnus on Apr 4, '03
  7. by   DianeNorcross
    Hi Kurt,

    Call any indepndent insurance agent in your local phone directory. They can help you out.


Must Read Topics