Jump to content

Dominican University of CA Spring 2021

Hi! Just wanted to create a thread to anyone applying to Dominican University of California for Spring 2021! I have questions about your prereqs and stats!

Hello! I am about to apply as a transfer for Dominican in Spring 21. I'd love to chat about anything regarding stats, prereqs, admission, etc etc.! Hoping to meet some people here that I'll see in the program next year.

-G

Hi G!

I'm in the process of submitting my application to DU for Spring 2021!

My stats are, overall GPA: 3.7, Science: 4.0

200+ hours of healthcare volunteer experience

I'm still taking statistics and a philosophy class in the fall!

Good luck to you!

Hi! Thanks for the response, your stats sound great! Sounds like you'll get in for sure!

Me: Overall: 3.9, Science: 4.0

200+ volunteer hours, EMT and CPT phlebotomy licenses, was employed as medical assistant, about to start working as an inpatient phlebotomist at a hospital in SF.

I am also going to be taking statistics in the Fall, along with some spanish classes. Hope to see you in the Spring! (unless it's still online 😕 )

Good luck with everything!

9 minutes ago, slip_into_colors said:

Hi! Thanks for the response, your stats sound great! Sounds like you'll get in for sure!

Me: Overall: 3.9, Science: 4.0

200+ volunteer hours, EMT and CPT phlebotomy licenses, was employed as medical assistant, about to start working as an inpatient phlebotomist at a hospital in SF.

I am also going to be taking statistics in the Fall, along with some spanish classes. Hope to see you in the Spring! (unless it's still online 😕 )

Good luck with everything!

You also sound very competitive! I hope we get in! Hope to see you in the Spring as well! 🙂

Hello everyone!

Do we have to also apply to the school itself or just through the program? Thanks!

Hi! You just apply to the school and select nursing as your major

1 hour ago, TanginaMo said:

Hi! You just apply to the school and select nursing as your major

Hi, I'm working on the separate program application right now. Do you happen to know when the deadline to apply to the university is? I'm not sure if it's the same as the September 1 program deadline. I've looked at the website, but it's honestly so confusing. I'm concerned I missed the general application date to submit. Do you think it would null and void my nursing app if I didn't send a general university app ? Sorry for all of the questions.

The deadline is Sept 1st for nursing. Are you applying as a freshman?

I'm applying as a transfer student! I was just unsure if I needed to apply to the school directly on top of the nursing app.

5 minutes ago, Louie Vuitton said:

I'm applying as a transfer student! I was just unsure if I needed to apply to the school directly on top of the nursing app.

You just need to complete the one general app then, and pick nursing as your major 🙂

Hi everyone!!

I am also applying for the Spring 2021 term. I’m just putting the finishing touches and will be sending the application shortly. But honestly, I am so nervous. Everyone’s stats looks so amazing! 

Hi there ! I hope Everyone is staying safe! Things are being a bit scary around the Bag Area lately 🤪

I’ve applied for Spring 2021 as well
 

my stats

science GPA 4.0

overall GPA 3.9

a year of experience working as a dental assistant
2 LORs

good luck everyone!

also I thought you guys might be interested in hearing this. My nephew is going to school in San Rafael and they are going to go back to in person teaching, since Marin county doesn’t have many COVID cases. So hopefully we’ll get to go to school in person as well 🤞🏻🤞🏻🤞🏻

 

 

 

Hello again! Curious if anyone has heard anything regarding the status of online vs in-person classes for Spring '21 (lectures, skills labs, etc.). I have seen a couple Dominican students doing their clinicals in the hospital I work at and none of them even seem to have a solid idea of what that will look like. Just wanted to open up that topic on this thread. Hope everyone's doing well!  

Edited by slip_into_colors

7 hours ago, slip_into_colors said:

Hello again! Curious if anyone has heard anything regarding the status of online vs in-person classes for Spring '21 (lectures, skills labs, etc.). I have seen a couple Dominican students doing their clinicals in the hospital I work at and none of them even seem to have a solid idea of what that will look like. Just wanted to open up that topic on this thread. Hope everyone's doing well!  

Hey! I do t know much about it, but I’m really hoping to have more in-person classes 🤞🏻 

does anyone know when we are supposed to receive our decision letters? Or how many students applied for Spring vs how many students are gonna be accepted ?

×

By using the site you agree to our Privacy, Cookies, and Terms of Service Policies.

OK