Delegate Enteral Feedings?

Specialties School


Specializes in Peds.

At my school the TA usually completes the tube feedings with pump because all of our students with pumps have been in the SPED classrooms.  We now have someone with a pump in a reg ED class.  How do you all handle that?  Just have teacher turn it on and off at the appropriate time or make the student come to you?

Specializes in School Nursing.

I don't know what your division's policies are, but if a student has a tube feeding, they bring the student to the clinic in most cases. If the school has a large profound special ED population with several tube feeders, the nurse or clinic assistant will go down and hook them all up. Teachers are not usually involved in that task. 

Specializes in Psych/Addiction/School.

In my school district an aide does the tube feedings.

+ Add a Comment