Jump to content

Covid travel contract - recruiter problems

Disasters   (478 Views | 4 Replies)
by alwaysnforever alwaysnforever (New) New

516 Profile Views; 10 Posts

Hi everyone!

I'm hoping someone can give me some advice. I'm a first time travel nurse going to NY to help with the crisis. After speaking to a few agencies, I decided to go with a smaller one that was able to work with me on preferences and pay.

Telephone interview with hospital Wednesday, submitted all paper work on Friday, and received my contract on Saturday (this is a rapid response contract). Signed it Monday morning after clarifying a few things with the lawyer - start date listed as ASAP. Was told I would be getting learning modules same day (Monday) from hospital. I never got them and stayed in contact with the agency throughout the week regarding this. On Friday I asked for followup and they said they would call me back but never did. I got a email late Friday night from someone in the office saying they would submit me Monday...

I'm starting to feel that this company might not be the best. The recruiter hasn't answered my call since I signed paperwork - have had to call the main office and speak to whoever. Anytime I ask for info about anything they never know and never get back to me.. HELP! I want to tell them I don't want to go forward with this and find another contract. Is there any reason why I shouldn't?

Sorry this is long winded.. I just want to be in NY to help and am frustrated with this contract. Thank you!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Pitt2Philly has 9 years experience as a BSN, RN.

68 Posts; 3,644 Profile Views

During the best of times recruiters are difficult to interact with. Your experience has been standard operating procedure for me. There are a ton of agencies out there and my advice is to not put all your eggs in one basket. They play a lot of games and are ultimately trying to maximize profits for their company and make as much money off of you putting your health, safety, and possibly life on the line. Without you, they aren't making a dime. Keep that in mind. Good Luck.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

10 Posts; 516 Profile Views

25 minutes ago, Pitt2Philly said:

During the best of times recruiters are difficult to interact with. Your experience has been standard operating procedure for me. There are a ton of agencies out there and my advice is to not put all your eggs in one basket. They play a lot of games and are ultimately trying to maximize profits for their company and make as much money off of you putting your health, safety, and possibly life on the line. Without you, they aren't making a dime. Keep that in mind. Good Luck.

Thanks for the response! That's really disheartening to hear your experience has always been this way. I think I will reach out to the other company.

Do you have any experience canceling on an agency after you sign a contract? I still have no confirmation or start date from the hospital.

Thank you and stay safe!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

3 Followers; 1 Article; 5,438 Posts; 45,963 Profile Views

As far as the contract here is concerned, in my opinion without a start date, it is invalid. If it is, they could keep you waiting for a year at home waiting for it to start. I think Plan B is worth pursuing now.

I would put the first agency on notice of the action you are taking and the rationale now with an email. That might stir up a hornet's nest, but it will protect you and is the professional action to take. If legal action is threatened, ignore it and cease future communication with this agency. Such threats are seldom carried further when ignored, especially with such slim legal merit.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

10 Posts; 516 Profile Views

1 hour ago, NedRN said:

As far as the contract here is concerned, in my opinion without a start date, it is invalid. If it is, they could keep you waiting for a year at home waiting for it to start. I think Plan B is worth pursuing now.

I would put the first agency on notice of the action you are taking and the rationale now with an email. That might stir up a hornet's nest, but it will protect you and is the professional action to take. If legal action is threatened, ignore it and cease future communication with this agency. Such threats are seldom carried further when ignored, especially with such slim legal merit.

Thank you for the response. I will do just that today!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
×

This site uses cookies. By using this site, you consent to the placement of these cookies. Read our Privacy, Cookies, and Terms of Service Policies to learn more.