CA NCLEX traffic violation report?

Nurses Criminal



I am about to apply for NCLEX and just found out that I had to report my speeding ticket from 2 years ago because it was over $300 (I'm in California). I called BRN and asked what kind of documents I needed to submit, and they said I could find this information online.

But the information online is not clear at all, and I got so confused. Does anyone know specifically what documents I should submit?

I mean do I even have to report this? Some of my classmates are not reporting because they already cleared their tickets.

Sam J.

407 Posts

As far as 'clearing' tickets and 'not reporting them', good way to start a career with a cloud hanging over your head, possibly forever, until if (when) the BRN finds out about it. And as far as what to report, it's as clear as a bell on the CA BRN site:

[h=3]Reporting License Discipline and Convictions[/h] "Conviction" includes a plea of no contest and any conviction that has been set aside or deferred pursuant to Sections 1000 or 1203.4 of the Penal Code, including infractions, misdemeanor, and felonies. It is not necessary to report a conviction for an infraction with a fine of less than $300 unless the infraction involved alcohol or controlled substances. However, any convictions in which a plea of no contest was entered and any convictions that were subsequently set aside pursuant or deferred pursuant to Sections 1000 or 1203.4 of the Penal Code must be disclosed. "License" includes permits, registrations, and certificates. "Discipline" includes, but is not limited to, suspension, revocation, voluntary surrender, probation, or any other restriction.

The following information must be provided for each license discipline or conviction sustained:

  1. A detailed written explanation describing the circumstances and events that led to your arrest(s) and conviction(s), including: date and place of arrest; arresting agency; court where case was heard; and sentencing information, including fines, courses, counseling, restitution, probation, parole, community service, and jail or prison time.
  2. Documents relating to the arrest, such as: police report, arrest report, booking report, complaint, citation or ticket.
  3. Documents from the court, such as: Notice of Charges, Complaint, or Indictment; Plea Agreement, Sentencing Order, Probation Order, or Judgment; Dismissal, Probation Release, or Court Discharge.
  4. Any related mitigating evidence or evidence of rehabilitation that you want to provide.

+ Add a Comment

By using the site, you agree with our Policies. X