IHS nursing RN license

  1. Hello all,

    I've worked IHS facilities before and I love it. I know true IHS facilities let you work with any RN license from any state. My question is for Alaska.

    I do not have an Alaska RN license but would be I be able to work at the IHS facilities in cities such as Nome, Barrow, Kotzebue etc... or would I need to get an AK license? Thanks!

    Zach Thompson
  2. Visit zacarias profile page

    About zacarias

    Joined: Oct '01; Posts: 1,352; Likes: 83
    RN; from US
    Specialty: 14 year(s) of experience in tele, stepdown/PCU, med/surg


  3. by   luvmyc
    Kotzebue is tribal and not IHS; so I would assume you'd have to get an Alaska license.
  4. by   kadeedid
    Just clicked on an IHS tribal-designated position nursing position for Kotzebue Job Search Results | IHS Jobs

    it does not specify an AK license just "Licensure as a Registered Nurse in the U.S."