Advice on Migrating to Canada as a RN

  1. My name is Funmi a RN and AE (Registered Nurse and Registered Accident & Emergency Nurse) here in Nigeria. I have the desire to migrate to Canada to build my career. I have learnt about many means of migrating to Canada and am confused about it. I recently saw a publication online that nursing as a profession has been included in the federal skilled workers program. here is the link to the publication,, .. can someone please put me through on how to go about it because the link is demanding alot of money for his services and I dont know how true it is.

    thank you
  2. Visit OmawumiAdeyemi profile page

    About OmawumiAdeyemi

    Joined: Aug '13; Posts: 1; Likes: 1


  3. by   loriangel14
    Nursing is no longer on the FSW list.You would have to investigate a Temporary Worker Permit which I believe requires that you find an employer first.You will also have to apply for a license in the province in which you want to work, meet their requirements and then pass the CRNE.

    You don't need to pay anyone to apply for you. You can easily do it yourself. They cannot make the outcome of an application any different or make it happen any faster.Try checking out for application information.
  4. by   Silverdragon102
    As mentioned nursing was taken off the skilled list this year. No telling when it may go back on. There are other routes to Canada but you need to check cic website out as well as decide which province you want to live and work in. Just be aware applications to register with provincial college of RNs takes time and some assessment may be required before permission to sit CRNE will be given.

    Take it from someone who has been there and done it, it can be done without using someone else. Only time I would say look at paying a recognized consultant (must be recognized by the government and cic) would be if you have issues that will affect immigration like some form of criminal history