LCCC program questions - page 2
by tlt0616 | 11,104 Views | 18 Comments
Has anyone here gone to LCCC? I live in Colorado and the waiting lists are crazy here. I have looked into Concorde and it is going to be $ 28000 just for the LPN program there. It is closer and an easier drive to LCCC. What I am... Read More
- 0Sep 27, '11 by blanchlc23Is anyone currently Enrolled in the LCCC nursing program or just graduated? I am trying to decide whether to become a police officer or go into nursing. I think my biggest concern with nursing is that I am horrible at math, a slow learner, and a C student. I have always thought that people going into the medical field have to be geniuses. Is nursing school really that hard to get into? I already am stressing out and I haven't applied yet! Yikes!
- 0Oct 26, '11 by NMCwyoSTUDENTI too applied and am waiting for a response for JAN 2011 classes. The applications we filled out said we should hear back via MAIL by end of OCTOBER. I didn't remember the date so I emailed ------ and she said they were planning on finishing assesments by next week and putting responses out in the mail then. Its looking like we wont have them tell early November but least we have an IDEA when to start looking now. GOOD LUCK HOPE WE BOTH GET INLast edit by dianah on Oct 26, '11 : Reason: Terms of Service re: posting names
- 0Jan 10, '12 by blanchlc23OK, so I haven't posted in awhile and have decided to go with the nursing career. Much more opportunities, better pay, and no gun shots to the head for me I start pre-nursing in the fall and am SO EXCITED! I only have 5 classes of pre-reqs, so I hope to finish next spring semester... For those that just got into the program or are applying, how is it looking as far as getting in? Is there much of a "waiting list" or is it hard to get all of the points? Big Question: The Kaplan test (nurse entrance test)... HOW DID YOU PASS IT?! I looked online for a preview test and it seems like it asks questions on stuff that's not even considered a pre-req... o_0 Also, which pre-req (science class) was the hardest? How did you study for those classes? Thansk for the info and GOOD LUCK to those who are applying/graduating/etc!!
- 1Jan 18, '12 by LovemyAFpilotHi! I just took the Kaplan at LCCC yesterday and got a 90.. we need a 75 to apply. I believe this is the first semester they are requiring the Kaplan, which is a lot harder than any past tests since it has the A&P on it. I am currently in A&P I, and the systems that are tested on the exam you won't see until A&P II. So how does one pass the test not having taken those classes yet? You won't like my answer... I read the A&P textbook. Not quite all of it... I read ALL of chapters 1-4 (everything through basic tissue structure) and neurology, and then skimmed through the rest of the chapters, concentrating on the chapter reviews at the end. It was a lot of work, but with the A&P questions I encountered on the Kaplan test, I don't know how I would have passed it otherwise. To give you a good idea of the types of questions you'll see, I did come across this website, which gives a pretty darn fair representation of the questions on the real test. Good luck and let me know if you have any more questions!
- 0Mar 18, '12 by LovemyAFpilotReading is awesome and the one everyone recommends Be warned though that his tests/expectations are a bit easier than the other teachers and so when studying, don't just know the minimum amount required because I have heard you won't be quite as prepared for the nursing classes as you might be with one of the other teachers. Hope that helps!