what are nursing duties in france?Register Today!
- by paris0305 Mar 4, '08HI,
I am a registered nursing student and we are required to do a global project? What this entails is contrasting the scope of practice between nurses in the United States and also France. Could someone please help me with informing me of what is required of nurses in france regarding their duties.
Thanks very much,
- 3,416 Views
- Mar 4, '08 by suzanne4Can you be more specific as to what you are looking for? Scope of Practice is quite similar in all of the countries of the EU and the US in terms of what a nurse can do and not do. It changes greatly when you go out of those areas for most things.
- Mar 4, '08 by paris0305I guess what I really need to know is what is the scope of practice for nursing in France. And also what is the basis of their nursing practice. Like mainly technical skills, etc and what they mainly are. I hope this isn't to broad.
- Mar 4, '08 by suzanne4Quote from paris0305Nursing skills are the same no matter which country that you are practicing in. Technical skills are the same as well. A nurse is a nurse as we say.I guess what I really need to know is what is the scope of practice for nursing in France. And also what is the basis of their nursing practice. Like mainly technical skills, etc and what they mainly are. I hope this isn't to broad.
Scope of Practice is something different altogether and not sure if you understand about that in the first place. That applies to specific procedures that can be done with a license in a specific job. Such as writing orders on a patient requires either advance practice, or being a physician; nurses cannot do that anywhere or it is considered practicing medicine without a license.
You are going to need to be much more specific, what you are asking will give you a paper that will be hundreds of pages long; please pick one small area and then we can help you.
- Mar 5, '08 by jmd104Do you mean Nursing Duties or Nursing Specialities? The nurse training is diffrent here to in the U.K. (I'm not sure how that comapares to the states) and we have different branches, in the UK it would be Adult, Child, Mental Health and Learning Disabilities, in France I believe you have General, Operating Theatres, Anaesthetics and Psychiatry. Other than that if you can clarify what it is you need to know I'll pass on an info I have. As has already mentioned you basic nursing skills are the same everywhere.
- Mar 25, '08 by raconteMay I reccomend contacting the local French consulate. They usually have a someone who is versed in answering such questions. If you have difficulty finding an appropriate contact person, I might be able to help track one down. Feel free to send a pm
GenevièveLast edit by Silverdragon102 on Mar 25, '08 : Reason: Please do not post email addresses for your own safety. Terms of Service