UW Oshkosh Accelerated Nursing October 2013 Cohort - page 3
by worknowplaylater 9,649 Views | 54 Comments
Hello, Has anyone out there applied to the October 2013 cohort? I just completed my email interview today and am looking to speak with others about what's next.... Read More
- 2Apr 27, '13 by futureNcLast year, I applied for the May 2013 cohort and did not get in. I was extremely disappointed since I have been planning for this for sometime. I reapplied for the October 2013 and I am praying that I get an acceptance letter this time around. I have completed the online and phone interview. I think both went well. I did well on the TEAS test and my GPA is also good. I do have CNA experience but it's been some time since I worked as a CNA. I have been applying for work so that I can have recent experience but it has been hard landing a job.
I have done everything that Sue suggested for me to do to make my application stand out. I really won't know what to do if I don't get in. This program would work so well for me. My whole life is in a standstill and revolves around me getting into UWO's Accelerated BSN program. It kills me to here people say, "oh, I got in but I didn't accept because of this, this and that.." I wish they could give me their position. Anyway, May is almost here! So, I am very excited and can't wait to find out. Good luck everyone
- 0Apr 29, '13 by seastar13futureNc, I know exactly what you mean. It's hard to make plans for the future when you may be completely occupied for the next 12 months, too busy even to be employed. or..maybe not!! I think the program does a good job at letting applicants know exactly what we need to do to be competitive, it's just not always so easy to do those things (like finding a CNA job in an extremely tight job market..at least you have experience!!). i wish you and everyone else luck!
- 0May 1, '13 by bkohl18Thanks, Undsnow! The phone interview went really well I thought. They said I would most likely hear back the end of May, so now its just waiting. I have about 4 months of CNA experience, but worked as a health screener for a year and a half before that so I hope they take that into consideration. My GPA is what really hurts me though, it is a little low. Oh well now its just time to relax and enjoy that beautiful weather we are having in WI!
- 0May 6, '13 by UndsnowI know, I hope they wrap it up early too. I find myself checking my email several times a day in hopes that they may have made a decision! It's hard to keep myself from calling Sue and asking where they are in the process!! It's finals week for me right now, so in a way I'm kind of hoping that they hold off until next week so I can send it my final transcript.
- 0May 8, '13 by seastar13Hey everyone! I was wondering if anyone wanted to share how they are planning on financing the program. Federal loans? Alternative loans? Or did you just save up a whole lot of money? And does anyone have plans to do loan forgiveness employment once you graduate? I had a tough time figuring out exactly where the money would come from and wondered if anyone else had ideas!
- 0May 8, '13 by futureNcI know how much I will be getting in federal loans. It's a little less than half of what the program cost. The rest will be private loans. I spoke to the financial advisor and he told me that they do not advise you to get pre-approved for a loan so early on. It will put a hit on your credit. They will mail us information regarding financial aid and we will also talk more about it during orientation weekend. He said the cost of attendance will be finalized later on.The bank that I am looking into will only process your loan application with in 90 days of your start date. I am also going to save as much as possible to reduce the amount I will borrow and to live off of, since we can't work during the program.
Last year when I applied, I was told that a decision would be made by December 31st, but I received a decision on December 14th. I am crossing my fingers and toes for a decision by next week.