Sorry, Milwaukee nurses and patients - Page 2Register Today!
- Feb 3, '11 by cheddazQuote from onacleardayPay Rates in MKE compared with friends of equal status (High to Low)"Mark Taylorís new position as president and CEO of Columbia St. Maryís Health System is a step up within Ascension Health, the same company that oversees Genesys. His new responsibilities include managing three hospitals, 65 community clinics and a college nursing program. " - excerpt from above article link
I don't work in WI, but have read that previously St. M was a better paying WI hospital. Well, looks like they needed to fix that didn't they. WI is one of the more depressed areas for nursing income already.
Ya know, I found out that a neighbor of mine, who moved in a year ago or so in a brand new HUGE McMansion he built in my neighborhood of "normal" homes, is one of those guys whose profession is the kind that lays out the masterplan to make hospitals more profitable by any and every means. He is the guy who suggests importing NG nursing staff from overseas (won't get any guff from them), and getting rid of experienced US nurses as well as all the above mentioned by the OP. Needless to say, I don't speak to him (the A-****) I even go out and cut the grass and ignore him as he lays on his deck in the summer with a drink and shouts for all to hear on his cell phone, while his "lawn people" cut his grass (I can find out about anybody )
Not sure how the 2 remaining are...Wheaton and Covenant
- Feb 4, '11 by cheddazChildrens or Froedtert mom/baby.........Aurora West Allis has a nice mom/baby........St. Joe's NICU is nice
- Feb 7, '11 by tri-rnSt. Francis (Wheaton) has Mom/Baby, no NICU but they do have a special needs nursery
- Feb 9, '11 by CochranTThis doesnt sound good!
- Sep 29, '11 by RNAshI'm glad to see that we're all in the same sinking boat at St. Mary's. I love the "our partner is mother nature" billboards. Does mother nature give chest compressions on one of my patients in the ER while my other patient bleeds out? Because as things stand right now, I'm only able to give minimal, borderline horrible (not by choice) care. The hospital is SO BAD that they refuse to close to ambulances -$$$-even when we are boarding critical ICU patient in the ER, sending elderly people with CVA s/sx to triage, and 20+ deep in triage at all times. It's so sad that St Mary's used to be a fantastic place to work. I've worked in quite a few ERs in WI. I would recommend Froedtert, ProHealth, selective Aurora, and AVOID WHEATON like the plague. I'm planning on travel nursing again in January just to get away from the nightmare for awhile. lol
- Sep 30, '11 by SydneyJo1I'm curious...why avoid Wheaton?