WGU PreLicense Hopefuls Summer of 2013
- 0Apr 19, '12 by BlkQueen8Hello everyone,
I'm in the process of earning my pre-reqs through CLEPs, DSST, Straighterline.com, and the local community college. Anyone else going through the same stressful yet exciting process? By the way I'm in Orange County, CA.
- 10,313 Visits
- 0Apr 26, '12 by tsm007I did it that way. I started basically October 1st. I CLEP'd three classes. I took 3 classes through Straighterline. I also took one through an online college. It was very stressful. I did all of that between October 1st and Christmas. Crazy. I started the prelicensure program in February. I'll be glad to help if I can. I would highly recommend making sure you get biochem out the way before starting if you can because biochem through WGU is a lot of work.
- 0Apr 26, '12 by tsm007Quote from BlkQueen8CLEP Test Preparation | 100% Exam Pass Rate Guaranteed! |*SpeedyPrep and InstantCert - Study Guides For CLEP, DANTES, ECE, And GED Exams were very helpful to me for CLEP tests.Thanks for the advice. I'm studying for my first CLEP now and want to know that out in May and move on to the next one.
- 0May 26, '12 by Pooh1028Hi I to am trying to get into the prelicensure bsn program at wgu and haven't completed any of the prereqs...... I am looking for any advice that would help speed the process up.... Also I counted 17 prereqs.... Do they all have to be completed? Someone please help!! I'm in Indiana and we do have a community college but any advice would be very appreciated! Thanks in advance!!!
- 0Jun 7, '12 by confuzhnYes they all have to be completed before applying to the clinical program. If you have an associate or bachelors degree, genereal education classes maybe waived. From what i read all the prereqs can be done at wgu or do what everyone is talking about.. CLEP, both ways are faster than getting them done thru community college.
- 0Jun 14, '12 by jxngirlQuote from confuzhnHello I am a student in OC as well. I would like to know, have you already started the WGU program? If so, how do you like it so far? How long after completing the prereqs do you have to wait to interview for clinicals? I am sorry that I have so many questions, but I am deciding between WGU and West Coast University in OC. WCU is much more expensive than WGU, but I like the online aspect of WGU and the low cost. I'm just having a hard time deciding which of the 2 are more credible I guess. I want to eventually get a Doctorate in Nursing, do you know if I can apply to Masters programs if I obtain my degree from WGU? Thank you for starting this post!Yes they all have to be completed before applying to the clinical program. If you have an associate or bachelors degree, genereal education classes maybe waived. From what i read all the prereqs can be done at wgu or do what everyone is talking about.. CLEP, both ways are faster than getting them done thru community college.