WGU pre licensure programRegister Today!
- by Fcat Nov 17, '11Hello everyone,
I am applying to the pre licensure program at WGU, I have everything done already, and I will have my interview with Joe the Prelicensure Team lead on Friday, I am very excited to start the program, but also very afraid and anxious, I really hope I can get in. My counselor said that the next cohort for the Los Angeles area starts in March 2012, so if everything goes well I wil be the happiest person alive if I get in and start in march. Is there anyone applying to this cohort? Does anyone know any other cohort starting earlier? if anyone has any tips for me, what should I do next, or if anyone that is already in the program has any tips, any info will be greatly appreciated!!!
What should I expect regarding the clinicals application, is the emotional intelligence test hard? What about the WGU’s foundational nursing skills performance assessment?
Thank you very much in advance!!!
- 29,254 Views
- Dec 13, '11 by mia06Hi I was wondering how did your interview go with Joe? I am thinking about applying to the program but it will not be in march becuase I still have classes to take if you don't mind me asking where do you complete your classes thanks
- Dec 13, '11 by FcatHello, my interview went fine, and now I am just waiting to see if I got in, they will tell me that around January 20th. And I completed my requirements in Miami, because I just recently moved to LA :-)
- Dec 29, '11 by 73ss86Hi, I applied to the March 2012 start date also. I hope I get in!
- I am also very excited to know if I got in, they told me that I have to wait for them to call me probably around January 18th. To what hospital did you apply to?
- Dec 30, '11 by 73ss86Hi Fcat,
I don't know which hospital I applied to I guess which ever is close to Ontario. I moved from San Francisco so I don't know the area that well. Did you apply to a specific hospital?
- Just like you, I just recently moved from Miami to LA and I am not familiar with the area either, but my counselor told me that the closest hospital from my house would be Cedar Sinai, I also apply to all the other ones that they have, but I guess cedars will be my first choice.
- Dec 30, '11 by 73ss86Are you doing financial aid? If so, are done with all the paper work?
- Yeah I am using financial aid, and I did the papers that they asked me ( the promissory note and the other paper that I don't remember the name now) And that's it, they told me that once I get accepted they will discuss the loan and tell me if financial aid will cover my tuition.
- And you?