RN-BSN in 6 months is DOABLE! - Page 4Register Today!
- Jan 22 by TamTamRN-RRTQuote from CRNAspireWas wondering what CRNA program you are in?I would like to give another thumbs up, shout out, or recommendation for Western Governors University as well! I also finished my BSN from them in six months while working full time with a young family. I finished in September of 2011, and I am currently in my third semester of a CRNA program.
WGU is great! They are very lenient with their credit transfers. I never had to repeat a course I had taken previously! I got two friends to sign up and one finished in 9 months. The other is in another field...
It is hard to say how many hours/week I spent on school.. i would estimate 20-25...
Clinical hours are minimal and may depend on where you work. I never stepped foot into a hospital, clinic, or anything (talk about a time saver).
Each degree is very personalized due to different prereqs, and req courses at your nursing school, and you go at your own pace. You do have to make "progress" but of course we all want to do that!
You have one mentor that helps you through the whole program and then each class also has instructors to help you.
Tuition is not per credit hour, you pay a flat tuition fee each six months.
You can start any time and achieve as many credits in that six month period as you like.
For basic info:
RN to BSN Online | Bachelor of Science Nursing Degree Program | WGU College of Health Online
For more info: (page 7 has a list of required courses, remember very generous transfer policy)
- Jan 22 by CRNAspireQuote from TamTamRN-RRTFairfield University and Bridgeport Hospital Nurse Anesthesia Program class of 2015!Was wondering what CRNA program you are in?
- Jan 23 by rnrules11Quote from RN*mommyI'm sorry to hear you're having health issues! I hope things are okay and you're doing well. My kids were actually huge helps to me...motivation! Haha. I'm also a night owl, that helped a lot! I won't lie...laundry often went undone and at times clean clothes were only located in laundry baskets. Dishes in the sink and a messy house were also pretty common the last 6 months!
Sounds like you're doing great as far as classes go! Would you agree it's kind of fun watching those classes drop of your "to do" list? That's my favorite feeling along with the emails from taskstream announcing your paper passed!
Yes! Absolutely! I used to stalk Taskstream, and then finally settled down and just kept checking my email for the notification. I will be okay, just need some time off, and then I'll be back. You'll probably be finished by then. Yay! I'm a night owl too, so you won't be alone working on those tasks at night.
- Jan 23 by jujubeeeCongrats!!! I'm hoping to be on the roll April 1st (missed the March enrollment today waiting for my state to endorse my license). Anyway! Glad to hear it's doable, especially since I'm definitely not as busy as you! Can't wait to start my RN-BSN program soon. Congrats again!
- Mar 24 by kissmyasnQuote from jujubeeeJujubee, are you still on track to start April 1?? I'm interested in hearing everyone's experience with WGUCongrats!!! I'm hoping to be on the roll April 1st (missed the March enrollment today waiting for my state to endorse my license). Anyway! Glad to hear it's doable, especially since I'm definitely not as busy as you! Can't wait to start my RN-BSN program soon. Congrats again!
- Mar 27 by jujubeeeQuote from kissmyasnHey! Yup I'll be starting on April 1! Orientation was easy peasy....so we'll see how it goes next week
Jujubee, are you still on track to start April 1?? I'm interested in hearing everyone's experience with WGU