How is employment in WV?Register Today!
This is a discussion on How is employment in WV? in West Virginia Nursing, part of United States Nursing ... Hi WV nurses. I was just wondering if any of you could tell me how hiring and employment are doing...by AddieRN Feb 3, '09Hi WV nurses. I was just wondering if any of you could tell me how hiring and employment are doing up there. I'm a NC nurse, new nurse actually May 08' grad. I started out on a tele floor and hated it, wasn't for me. I worked there almost 4 months and quit. Now I'm having a hard time find a job in NC. Seems like all the hospitals here are on hiring freezes. Idk what to do. I do have a part-time job as a nurse consultant for a group home. I really want to get more hospital experience though. I have a lot of family in the Princeton area. Thanks all.
Print and share with friends and family.
Compliments of allnurses.com.
http://allnurses.com/showthread.php?t=367436©2013 allnurses.com INC. All Rights Reserved.
- 1,502 Views
- Feb 3, '09 by barefootladyWell Princeton Community has openings, Appalachian and Raleigh General have openings, CAMC is hiring. The pay is a little low, but so is the COL. Give it a shot, it may be a good move for you since you have family here.
- Feb 3, '09 by yogiRN2bThomas is hiring as well. They just increased pay. New grads on the floor start at 21/hr.
- Feb 5, '09 by AddieRNThanks guys. Things sound more promising up there. My husband's aunt works in surgery at Princeton Community. She said that Princeton Community would practically hire anyone as long as they had "RN" behind their name. My only problem is considering whether to commute up there are move. My husband has a good job, and I would hate for him to have to leave it, ya know? We've considered moving up there, and we're certain that we could find a house, his aunt and uncle have one that they've been trying to sale. Idk, I'm praying about it though. Thanks for the input!
- Feb 7, '09 by barefootladyIf your husband has a good job I for one would not want him to quit it to move up here.
Why not contact these facilities, ask about 3/12 hr shifts a week, and commute? At least give this idea some thought, if commuting does not work then give moving some thought, but I would do commuting first. Just my 2 cents. Blessings and good luck.
P.S. You do know a short orientation would mean staying with some of this family until that was completed. Should be no problem since you have family in the area. Good luck.
- Feb 8, '09 by AddieRNI actually found a home health job this week here in NC. I'm really excited about it, kind of nervous being a newer grad. It's more of personal care, rather than nursing care. know what I'm saying? I think it's something I can handle, even though I won't actually be using my nursing skills. I don't want to lose them, but I'm happy to have a job. God has truly blessed me. Thanks yogiRN2b and barefootlady for your input.
- Feb 9, '09 by barefootladyGood luck Addie. I hope things open up soon. What part of NC are you living in? I see jobs in WS and Charlotte posted on some cites. Daughter says everything in NC has been affected by the slump in the economy. She is a teacher and she is worried about her job next year. Keep positive thought and prayers in mind daily. Blessings.
- Feb 9, '09 by AddieRNYes, I relate my bad luck to the economy as well. Umm...I live almost an hour from Winston-Salem. Thanks for the encouragement.
- Apr 2, '09 by snicuradrnThe Eastern Panhandle is also greatly affected, ever since my hospital became affiliated with WVU hospital system our facility has declined very badly. People who have worked for our facility for 30 years are getting laid off and we are one of the fastest growing regions in the state. I found out today that my hours are being cut from 72 hours a pay to 56 hours, and I have worked here for 16 years. My advice, if your husband has a good job, stay put and see where the economy is going to go in the next 6 months.
- Apr 3, '09 by LovePurplehey- did you go through a home health agency? how did you get your position? Best of Luck to you