University of Washington BSN Fall 2012 - page 5
by YoungIdealist | 45,956 Views | 212 Comments
I'm surprised that this year I haven't seen any threads about people applying to UW's program. What's going on? Where are all the 2012 hopefuls? Reveal yourselves ;) Good luck to everyone!... Read More
- 0Feb 16, '12 by Pleasant PThe special directions was do not write on the back of the page and you were only allowed 2 pages for the essay! I heard people talking as I left, hardly anyone thought they did well on that essay! You only had an hour and you wrote what came to your mind and made sense at that moment! Don't feel bad! Did anyone think they did really well? I am just OKAY still LOL
- 0Feb 16, '12 by armynurse68I'm glad I'm not the only one who felt like they repeated themselves a little bit. My last paragraph, granted it should sound like a conclusion, was literally a repeat of everything I already said! I really regret not having enough time to finish a rough draft. Heck, I didn't really have a rough draft. By the time I started my draft, we only 45 min left, so I figured I better just write! You're right about the numbers, I think it's somewhere between 260-270 applicants were invited to the proctored essay and there are 96 seats. She specifically said 230-240 were in the auditorium and 30 more were out of the area. Plus, it sounds like there weren't any that were automatically admitted. I remember at the last info session, they mentioned they rarely select someone automatically now.
The only special instructions I saw was to write on the front page only, name on every page, and show your work on the math part. So not really "special," but enough that if I didn't read it, I might have written on the back of the page.
- 0Let's hope other people didn't read those directions because I thought they were pretty basic :P I can't believe she allowed people to attach an extra page to show work. I showed my work on the green sheet, that would've cut down the competition to at least half, judging by how everyone reacted when she said "if you didn't show your work...". It was very explicitly stated in the directions!! LOL.
Am I the only one that finds the UW questions a little difficult to answer? They seem so... vague and repetitive... It happened to me when I did my personal statement and the person who wrote my letter of rec complained of that too. We tried to come up with ideas and kept thinking "isn't this basically the same question as before? how do we touch on all these points and stay under 20 pgs?" haha.
- 0Feb 16, '12 by armynurse68I couldn't agree with you more YoungIdealist! Without blatantly posting the question on here I feel I could have answered 2 and 3 the same! I also had a difficult time not sounding repeatitive in my personal statement because the questions were so vague and similar.
Yeah, the directions were straightforward, and she mentioned them before we started. Sometimes I have too much adrenaline to even focus on directions, so yeah, I'm glad I paid attention
- 0Quote from YoungIdealistI thought she said there was 275 in the room with 30 more off-site...I don't think it's out of 305? She said there were 230 in the room and 30 doing off-campus essays... were did you get the other number? 96/260 sounds a lot better than 96/305! But I guess they're both better than 96/475.
- 0Quote from YoungIdealistI looked over and over those instructions about the final version. I attached the extra sheet for work just to explicitly show the Order, Label and dosaging. I showed my work like I was back in elementary school to make it very obvious. Since there were no instructions that you couldn't, I took the opportunity to keep it clean and tidy.Let's hope other people didn't read those directions because I thought they were pretty basic :P I can't believe she allowed people to attach an extra page to show work. I showed my work on the green sheet, that would've cut down the competition to at least half, judging by how everyone reacted when she said "if you didn't show your work...". It was very explicitly stated in the directions!! LOL.
Yeah the first 2 scenarios were repetitive the third spun me for a loop and thats the one I chose. I wanted to attempt something different. I hope I didn't blow it.