- 0Mar 10, '05 by mattsmom81Any nurses here who work in the Tacoma hospitals? My agency says there is a lot of work but I wonder what the working conditions are like, and how they treat agency nurses. any input or opinions? Feel free to PM if you don't want to say online.
- 1,692 Views
- 0Mar 11, '05 by nesherSorry not from Tacoma.
My niece spent some time at Mary Bridge in their ICU following an accident - my impression was that it seemed OK, but I was focused on my niece and sister so...
A friend of mine is associated with Multi-care - she seems impressed with certain aspects- but she is a clinic manager- so once again not directly working there.
Hope someone answers you!
- 0Mar 12, '05 by nursetootsieQuote from mattsmom81I worked at St Joseph's and at Tacoma General over 15 years ago. At the time we only had a few agency nurses. I didn't see any rudeness or disdain for the agency nurses. TG was a great place to work. Staffing was decent, and the pay was really good. There wasn't anything wrong with St Jo's, just preferred TG.Any nurses here who work in the Tacoma hospitals? My agency says there is a lot of work but I wonder what the working conditions are like, and how they treat agency nurses. any input or opinions? Feel free to PM if you don't want to say online.
- 0Apr 13, '05 by SmilingBluEyesQuote from mattsmom81Hey you---I PMd you a while back about what hospitals are here, including the Army hospital (Madigan). If you want more info, please let me know. I know fairly well the hospitals from Federal Way to Puyallup to Olympia. I either have worked there, or know someone who does now........Hmm...nobody here from Tacoma...or nobody here who has anything good to say about the hospitals?? :uhoh21:
Should I be concerned? LOL!
In Tacoma, have worked for Franciscan (St Joseph/St Clare/St Frances) and liked it. I also know a few people who work, or have worked--- at TG (Tacoma General). I can fill you in via PM if you are still interested. Let me know.
- 0Aug 16, '05 by estrogenQuote from military spousePuyallup med/surg: Days and Eve shifts 5 pts per 1 nurse plus you have a ADT nurse (admissions, dc's, transfers) plus charge nurse. On nights the ratio is 6 to 1 and charge nurse takes pt's as well. I don't find that excessive. It is a very nice area to live at (in my opinion anyway) - great mild climate, everything grows like crazy (if you're into yard work etc.), the ocean is a few miles away, generally clean low crime... Tacoma is looking up. It used to be a rather unpopular part of WA, high crime, gang activity etc., but those days seem to be over and now it has a lot of culture, plenty fun things to do, great parks and a few beaches and more of a city feel, evethough it's not a large city like Seattle. I find the people to be very friendly and laid back... I personally absolutely love it here.Hello everyone,
I was wondering if anyone could share info on Tacoma/Puyallup area hospital staffing ratios for med/surg/tele areas? Do people seem generally seem happy? Is it a nice place to live?
Thank you!Last edit by estrogen on Aug 16, '05