SPSCC - rumorsRegister Today!
- by anichka Apr 21I'm taking my pre-reqs at SPSCC and I keep hearing rumors about the programs. I've heard from a couple different places that the school is losing their accreditation. I called the program office, however, and the woman I spoke with assured me this was not the case.
I hear all sorts of things from the program being very competitive to get into to being "not very good" at all. I just found the post with all NCLEX pass rates and was pleasantly surprised by the hard data since I had heard bad things about that too.
What gives? Is it normal for a program to have so much drama associated with it?
- Apr 22 by missnurse01I haven't worked with any nurses that have graduated from there. I have worked from new grads from a lot of area schools and haven't heard anyone speak ill of other programs. I would go to the board of nursing website to look at their accreditation and pass rates. You could always call the board and ask them if there are any issues with the school.
- May 25 by Nursing365I am currently in the program. Finishing up my first year and heading into the second. There is certainly a lot of rumors floating around, but no, the program has not lost their accreditation. They have gone through some rough years over the past few years and they did get put on a "probationary" status, but that was so they would address a few areas in the program. This past year (my year) has been very different and in almost every way, it has been great! The next couple of years will actually be even better for incoming students, because the students have been working alongside the staff to keep making the program better and better.
- May 25 by tokmomWhere is SPSCC?
OP, I hear bad things about Renton Vo-tech (RN program) ie..accreditation etc.. I don't think a school can teach if they don't have it.
- May 29 by anichkatokmom, SPSCC is in Olympia.
Thanks RizzoNurse, that's all great news. I will end up applying to several programs, but SPSCC is the closest to me, and I am having a good experience with the college so far, so I hope it works out that I get in here.
- Jun 19 by NinersThe rumors are not just rumors. Its a horrid program. First year of the program is fine. Second year is a complete nightmare. Call the school again. They just lost their accreditation. *surprise surprise* There are plenty of more together programs in the area that do not have all the drama and problems that spscc nursing program has. And no, its not normal for a program to have so much drama. Spscc Nursing Program created that mess. Be glad you don't have to be a part of it. Best of luck to you!
- Jun 25 by TigerpI got the letter plus the refund check(application fee) from SPSCC about a week ago. It was a big surprise!!! On the letter, it said they don't admit any students in the program this Fall 2003. It didn't say why. I did email the lady that doing application process last week asking about what's going on, but I haven't heard from her yet.
- Jun 26 by anichkaThis is crazy! I only just saw the webpage today about the accreditation, then came back here and found this post.
Very bad news. Where is everyone going to go? Centralia? Tacoma?
- Jun 27 by TigerpYes, both
- Jun 29 by anichkaI know it may sound strange, but in some small way I am relieved. I've heard so many mixed things since I moved here (1.5 years ago) and now that the program is undergoing review, I know what's going on. It was so hard to get a straight answer from the administration before this.
But this sucks for planning! I don't really want to have to drive a ways to get to school (we are a one-car family, so that will be hard on us), but if I can get into a good program, it will be worth it.