RN License in WA or AL? RN License in WA or AL? | allnurses

LEGAL NOTICE TO THE FOLLOWING ALLNURSES SUBSCRIBERS: Pixie.RN, JustBeachyNurse, monkeyhq, duskyjewel, and LadyFree28. An Order has been issued by the United States District Court for the District of Minnesota that affects you in the case EAST COAST TEST PREP LLC v. ALLNURSES.COM, INC. Click here for more information

RN License in WA or AL?

  1. 0 Hello. I'm currently finishing my prereq's for nursing in Alabama and plan on getting my ADN but I plan on getting my BSN in Washington state. My question is should I get my RN License in Alabama and try to transfer it to Washington when I move or should I just immediately apply for my licesure in Washington once I graduate and apply to a BSN program? Is Washington one of those states that recognizes RN licenses from other states?
  2. 1 Comments

  3. Visit  Reno1978 profile page
    #1 0
    An ADN prepares you to become a RN once you pass the NCLEX. Once you have a nursing license, you can move to other states and apply for a license in the new state by endorsement.

    I would suggest getting your first license in the state you plan to work in. If you do not plan on getting a RN job in AL, don't bother getting a license there unless you like paying fees and waiting for no reason.