'online, or distance' RN-programs accepted by WA-state?Register Today!
- by happy&healthy Feb 23, '05Hello,
(registered only yesterday and spent hours reading here hoping to avoid bothering you with a question already answered before).
Can someone, please, advise if WA state has rules about *specific* "online or distance"-programs. I have known about 5 LPN's who went this route, but
lost track of them to know whether such programs are accepted by WA state for an LPN here, to be Tested/Licensed as an RN.
Thank you, for your time and specific web-sites I can access, answering my question.
- Feb 24, '05 by CarissaHi there,
My sister-in-law is an LPN and was looked at several online LPN-RN programs last year, so I'm assuming those are fine in WA state. I also know of several universities in Washington that offer distance RN-BSN programs, so I would think a distance LPN-RN program would be acceptable. You might try calling the Dept. of Health and finding out from them if their are any restrictions.
- Feb 24, '05 by happy&healthyHi Carissa,
Thank you for your kind response, re *specific* "online or distance"-programs being accepted by WA state for an LPN here, to be Tested/Licensed as an RN."
- Mar 1, '05 by Todd SPNI know of two LPNs going through RUE.
- Apr 13, '05 by SmilingBluEyesTry Washington State Univ. They do have a distance nursing program, but specifics, I don't know.