Bellevue College 2012 hopefuls - Page 39Register Today!
- Jul 27, '12 by rnjenn14Has anyone purchased the nurse pack from the bookstore yet? I am wondering how much it costs? Thanks!
- Jul 27, '12 by hereshopingHmm IIRC, we were only supposed to get them from the bookstore if we're on financial aid. If we're self-pay, I think we just pay for them either at our next orientation meeting (a week before we start) or on our first lab day. I want to say it's somewhere between $150 and $200, but I truly can't recall. I'm more concerned with buying my textbooks right now!!! Got my fundamentals pack (from Amazon) and the delivery guy warned me before he handed me the box, as it was so heavy!!! LOL!!!
- Jul 27, '12 by rnjenn14Hi Kristen~ OK...I didn't know that about the nurse pack....it just says on the purple sheet that the Nurse pack is to be purchased through the bookstore. Since I missed the orientation, I wasn't aware of the financial aid part.... oh well, I will call the bookstore or Chie on monday to find out and let you know. Thanks!
- Jul 27, '12 by hereshopingYep, best to check on it and get the final word from Chie - I can't get to that information right now, but I think that's what I recall being said. Something about financial aid having to use a voucher for their books, and can only use it through the bookstore. Hopefully someone reading this can correct me if I'm mistaken!
- Jul 30, '12 by grownuprosieQuote from hereshopinglast year anyway, we bought them online with instructions from Jocelyn(Lab instructor). The book store marks up the price significantly, so the Lab instructor did not want us to pay more if we did not have to. Unfortunately, Financial Aid students have to go through the book store to get materials covered. Dont buy from the book store is you don't have to.Yep, best to check on it and get the final word from Chie - I can't get to that information right now, but I think that's what I recall being said. Something about financial aid having to use a voucher for their books, and can only use it through the bookstore. Hopefully someone reading this can correct me if I'm mistaken!
- Aug 1, '12 by rnjenn14thanks!
- Aug 1, '12 by rnjenn14I checked with Chie and she confirmed that nurse pack info would be available at the beginning of the quarter.
- Aug 7, '12 by JMTroutlooks like a new text and video series is being required for the lab class.
jarvis, c. (2011) physical examination and health assessment text and physical assessment and health assessment online video series, version 2.(user guide and access). 6th ed. st. louis; mosby-elsevier inc.
here is the link to the book on the publisher's website:
physical examination and health assessment - text and mosby's nursing video skills: physical examination and health assessment, 2e package 6th edition| us elsevier health bookshop
i have updated the amazon wishlist with the kindle version of the text and a dvd version of the video series. http://amzn.com/w/4jpdhxhn1y6pLast edit by JMTrout on Aug 7, '12 : Reason: formatting
- Aug 8, '12 by downtonThought I'd let you guys know:
I called and asked about when we'd be doing our badging/fingerprinting stuff, and it won't be going on until October!
- Aug 8, '12 by hereshopingI'm unable to get to my paperwork right now; is this book in addition to the list we received, or does it replace something on that list? Wow, I've already allocated a huge basket for all my books and supplies - crazy piles of stuff that we need!!