Bellevue College 2012 hopefuls - Page 11Register Today!
- Apr 9, '12 by jammin_jewelThis waiting game seems to get worse and worse over time. I have been looking over past writing prompts and essay formats to sort of prep for the E-write but I don't know how much it will help or if I will even need the help. How are you preparing margritamix?
- Apr 9, '12 by Fishgirl1983jammin_jewel do you have any good websites that you found with those writing prompts? I can't really find anything that is actually useful....
- Apr 9, '12 by jammin_jewelSorry Fishgirl1983, I am using prompts from past writing classes from hs and college. Honestly, I think that if you passed English with a good grade you should be fine. I bet it's mostly about can you organize your thoughts and be clear and concise. (That's my guess).
- Apr 10, '12 by margritamixHi guys
I've been doing something like jammin_jewel has been doing by digging up some of my AP European and US history essays (wow, I wrote a lot of those long, boring history essays!) but it's not really much help for me other than helping remind me of the format and style of writing to an academic panel because these essays were written with a lot of European and US history backgrounds and with the E-write, we don't have to do any research in order to write.
- Apr 10, '12 by jammin_jewelMaybe even look over the TEAS study guide -ick I thought I was done with that book forever!- at the parts that relate to essays.
Additionally, go to COMPASS® | COMPASS® Writing Essay Test (e-Write) | ACT. It looks like it has some helpful information. I hope we all get in fall and winter!
- Apr 10, '12 by downtonHas anyone been told to schedule yet?
- Apr 11, '12 by Fishgirl1983I think what is going to happen is this.........
-we are going to receive the letters and if the letter is an acceptance letter, we have to take the test.
-if we don't pass the test, someone off the waiting list gets the spot
just my 2 cents, but it seems as if that is something they would do.
just like with the CNA, if you don't go through the class, someone off the waiting list will get the spot.
- Apr 11, '12 by margritamixThat makes sense, Fishgirl. But if that is the case, then I'm assuming that we won't get our letters until about the same time as the cohort last year got theirs (which was towards the last week of April), which probably means that we will be scheduled to take the E-write towards the beginning of May.
But then again, this is just conjecture on my partLast edit by margritamix on Apr 11, '12 : Reason: Good, old-fashioned typo
- Apr 11, '12 by hereshopingNothing yet.... sadly, I think we have a few weeks to go. Will there be letters to all who applied, even if they/we don't get in, or just to those who either got in or made it to waiting list status?
- Apr 11, '12 by Fishgirl1983I would imagine everyone gets a letter. Afterall it was a very long process to even apply, it is the least they could do to let us know :icon_roll
I am getting nervous of the mail man now...........two last weeks of April are the NEXT TWO WEEKS!