Anyone applying for Bellevue College nursing 2013-2014 program?! - Page 6Register Today!
- May 3 by badkat7I have a spot with Seattle Central, too. There isn't even a question in my mind about which is better for me, though. I decided long ago that Central was my backup plan. You just have to weigh the pros and cons about what is best for you.
Either way, they spit you out an RN on the other side! LOL
- May 3 by missamelissyIn for Fall here! I cannot even believe it. In fact, I'm no where near prepared to start in Fall. But I guess I hit the ground running right away and make it work!
Congrats to everybody!
- May 4 by LeahlynneHi everyone. I've been looking over your conversation and was wondering if anyone is on the waitlist? I just got my letter that I'm number 5 for winter quarter. Does anyone know if my chances are good for getting in? I called the office yesterday and they made it sound like I have a guaranteed spot. Also, do they have two seperate cohorts? One for fall and one for winter? I was under the impression that it was fall only. Let me know. Any feedback is appreciated!
- May 4 by daniellethompsonThank you everybody! And congrats to you all!
To Leahlynne: In the past two years I believe 10-15 people were accepted off the waitlist. And if the office told you it was pretty much guaranteed...than I'd say you should be in. The way Bellevue does it is that they accept "x" number of people by TEAS score and then start the top scoring half in the fall and start the rest in the Winter. So it's one application period per year, but then the accepted are divided into two "cohorts" and staggered in their starting quater. My letter said that I have till the 24th to accept my spot in and make the deposit or they would give it to someone else. So probably sometime after the 24th you will get a letter offering you a spot in the Winter cohort. I believe that for everybody that doesn't accept their spot in Fall, a person in Winter gets bumped to Fall. And for everybody that doesn't take their spot for Winter or gets bumped to Fall, a person on the waitlist get bumped to Winter. So your chances of atleast 5 people not accepting from either group are pretty darn good.
Hope that helps and good luck!
- May 4 by LeahlynneHOLY MOLY! I am so excited! I have been working on my pre requisites the last 4 years!!! You just made my day Danielle!!! I am going to be a nursing student! Eeeeeeeee! I love life!
FYI- I am an excellent study buddy if anyone going into Winter needs one!
- May 4 by missamelissyYou are the bearer of good news, Danielle! Twice now. Very thorough response, so I don't have anything to add there!
As for holding the spot, has anybody attempted to do it? Mine is not what they show and says the "NU99" code is invalid. Is it just me?
- May 4 by missamelissyFigured out the problem. If anybody else has it, select "Summer 2013" for the term, not "Spring 2013" as my letter states!
- May 4 by daniellethompsonThanks Missamelissy! I was having the same problem. Your trick worked
- May 29 by bambina86Hey there! I've been following this blog and am so happy to say that I'll be starting this Fall with you guys! It's been a tough couple of years for me, I'm a single mom and just went back to school to finish my prereq's with the hopes of getting into Bellevue's program. I couldn't be happier! I can't wait to meet you and I'm so excited to dive into nursing school and learn all there is to know .. I hear the first quarter can be rough but we can do this!! I hope you all have a great summer and I'll see you at orientation in June!
- May 29 by daniellethompsonLooking forward to getting started and meeting everybody in June...I just got bumped up to fall!!!