WHC Residency Program
- 0Aug 6, '12 by amdcHey nurses!
Does anyone have info on when WHC takes applications for their nurse residency program? The web site doesn't offer much info. Thanks!
- 0Aug 6, '12 by PolaBar, BSN, RNI applied when I saw the job listed in their Employment section. They just started a new residency program last week (End of July?, previous ones this year were in February and April), so it will likely be a few months before the next one starts. I don't know when they would open applications for that one, assuming there is one.
- 0Aug 6, '12 by 0402In the recent past, they have also had one that starts in October. I believe the jobs appears on their website in late July/ early August.
ETA- I just looked on their website, and they have an ad up right now for a 22 October start for the next residency. Did you search their openings?Last edit by 0402 on Aug 6, '12 : Reason: Add information.
- 0Aug 7, '12 by PolaBar, BSN, RNWhy would you wait until January to take the NCLEX? I'd advise taking it as soon after graduation as possible while everything is still fresh in your head. Regardless, if you plan on taking it in January, they will likely/possibly have another cohort starting in February.
- 0Aug 15, '12 by bluehenRNI also applied for the October cohort! Do you know how soon they contact you to select your top focus areas and set up interviews?
luvly189 I looked at the RN Residency post again and it didn't say anything about degree type just that they are hiring RNs. I assume as long as you pass NCLEX before the start date that'd be okay. You might want to give HR a call to confirm though.