Georgetown-WHC scholars program - Page 2Register Today!
- Sep 23, '09 by lizzylouHi Heather, thank you for your generosity. I'm glad to hear that you loved being at Washington Hospital Center- that's the part I'm looking forward to the most too. 10 more days until mine- have a feeling it'll come quick! I'm glad to hear that yours went so smoothly, and I'll let you know how mine goes.
Just wanted to let everyone know that I had my interview at WHC and Georgetown for the Accelerated BSN program last Saturday (10/3/09). I probably would have been sweating bullets about the interview at GU, but I received an email notice the previous Thursday that I was accepted for the Accelerated BSN program at Marymount University in VA, starting in January 2010. So by the time Saturday rolled around, I was pretty chill about the whole interview process at GU - since I was already admitted to go SOMEWHERE.
As others have mentioned, the morning was a tour of Washington Hospital Center, and group interviews/Q&A. I think the group interviews were crucial. The folks from GU and WHC took a lot of notes while candidates were introducing themselves and talking about themselves a bit. The afternoon was a tour back at GU, group interviews, and one on one interviews. Again, I think the group interviews at GU were at least as important as the one on one interviews.
TWO HOURS AGO, I received an email from Georgetown, telling me I've been accepted for the ABSN program starting in January 2010!! So I am literally still bouncing off the walls, I'm so happy!
I won't hear about the WHC Scholars program until next week, but I'm keeping my fingers crossed that they'll accept me, too.
- Oct 6, '09 by FralliesMom_RNCongratulations Pokytrokyt! I just received the good news myself. I can't even believe it! I'm also bouncing off the walls, waiting for my husband to get home! The dogs aren't sure what to think : )
Crossing my fingers for the both of us that we get the scholarship!
- Oct 6, '09 by lizzylouGo Hoyas!!! Heather, I'm so glad to see you made it in too! Pokytrokyt, we were at the same interview- what were you wearing? I was the girl with the theatre background, wearing a suit. Congrats everybody!!! See you in January
- Hi Lizzylou,
Yeah I remember we chatted at bit. I was the old guy there! <laughing>
Now we all just need to get WHC Scholarships and we're good to go.
- Oct 6, '09 by lizzylouThat's fantastic! Former Japan residents will be well represented in our cohort Hopefully the scholarships will follow..
- Oct 6, '09 by JLSELDHi Alex,
I sat next to you at WHC on Saturday in the big round circle of potential students! I too received my acceptance letter today! Yay! However, I desparately need that scholarship. So crossing my fingers again! Congrats to you and I hope to see you in January!
- We need a Facebook group or something like that, so everyone in our cohort can stay in touch. Is anyone among us an expert in setting up FB groups?
- Oct 14, '09 by allimar87Hey guys, just letting you know that there is a FB page for the ABSN spring 2010!
- Oct 14, '09 by PokytrokytGreat! What's the group name?