Medical Missions - page 2
hi everyone, i recently completed a 1-week medical mission trip to mexico. if anyone is interested in seeing the photos, please pm me and i will send you the link to my facebook page. i have also compiled a list of links of... Read More
- 0Nov 16, '07 by Lotta LoveHi China,
You may want to check out CMDA.org. They are going to Ethiopia in february and I heard it's going to be a great trip. I went to Zambia a year ago in june. The leader really knows how to make it fun and he has such a good rapport with the African people. It was a great experience. On our way to Zambia we had to stay in Addis Ethiaopia. The people in Ethiopia are wonderful.You definately won't be sorry that you went if you find a good organization to go with. I may go in feb. as well as long as everything works out with my health.
LottaLast edit by sirI on Nov 16, '07 : Reason: Please do not post names of individuals
- 0Feb 17, '08 by dragonfly01Hi Mia, I would be very interested in seeing your pictures and reviewing any research information you would like to share regarding medical mission trips. I have 20 years experience as an RN. Most of my experience is in the following 3 areas: L&D, Surgery and Oncology. 2 of my 3 children are off to college, and I am thinking about getting involved in mission trips. I do not even know where to begin.
- 0Feb 20, '08 by Allihomiakea- i'm a last semester rn student very interested in medical missions as well. I've gone an various missions trips in the past, but am excited to have a skill to bring in the future. I'm also doing a presentation to my classmates about volunteer nursing /nursing medical missions. I would love to get your list of agencies/ministries that you compiled on your facebook. thanks!
- 0Apr 10, '08 by christvsQuote from Lotta LoveHi, can I ask what you did when you were in Zambia? I just came back from my first mission trip to Guatemala, and am eager to think about future medical missions!Hi,
I went on a three week medical missions trip to Zambia, Africa. The people were wonderful and soooo greatful. I went with GHO. They are a very good organization. They do many trips to Africa every year and are very organized. Aslo, the accomadations were good and the food was good.
If you belong to a church or synagongue you can send out letters asking for support. The trips to Africa are about 2,000-3,000 dollars.
If you have any more questions about my trip just pm me.
- 0Dec 12, '09 by emwashiHi Mia,
I just read your post. I also am researching medical misions and would like to do one this summer. I am a first year nursing student, so my experience will be limited. I am curious to see the ones that you have researches so that I can coompare. My concern is that it be safe and legit. Any information would be sincerely appreciated.