The Wait Begins... Any Other NVCC 2012 Hopefuls? - Page 3Register Today!
- May 11, '12 by aprincessHey everybody,...I just submit my application for the Fall 2012 traditional nursing program. I'm sooooo nervous...right along with the rest of you. I struggled on the new TEAS test but was blessed by GOD to pass on my final try (only get 3 chances). I really really really hope and pray I get in this semester...I've taken all the required pre-reqs and only have HLT 250 Pharmalogy (which I'm taking this summer) outside of the nursing courses. Best wishes and prayers for everyone...lets keep everyone posted.Last edit by aprincess on May 11, '12
- May 11, '12 by LocallyGrownHi everyone! I'm thankful to have found this thread. I was looking through the different threads that pertained to NVCC and many of them were from years ago. I have applied to the Traditional track and I'm now waiting anxiously. I'm a nervous wreck because I wonder how I'll stack up against everyone else who applied. I'm also a little nervous that there will be many more applicants for the Traditional track since Momentum 2+1 was suspended. Any thoughts or feelings on that? I did ok on my TEAS test, my pre-req's had good grades, and my gpa is ok. Not as high as I'd like it because of some previous classes but it is what it is. Good luck with everyone! I'm not sure my nerves will be able to take the wait!!
- hello guys--
i sent my application last tuesday. which was may 8th. what did everybody get on their teas? and what is your gpa. i am also so nervous. but let's all think positive!!! we can do it!!!
i gpa 3.4
teas: 84% average of the 3
took all pre reqs in the program except cst and hum elective and psy 202.
i am also wondering if there will be less spot since momentum was suspended.
does anybody have back up plans? i am looking at chamberlain in arlington.
- May 14, '12 by LPN-RN2012Hi everyone.....I applied to NVCC LPN to RN nursing program I just mailed my application on Friday and had confirmed delivery for today, I am a nervous wreck!!
Good luck to everyone I hope we all get into the programs we want!!
- May 14, '12 by EtripsOnly another 4 weeks before we hear anything! :P
- May 14, '12 by TrulyBlessed1Hey everyone, I finally sent off my packet on May 8th as soon as my Micro grade posted..I was a little nervous that I wouldn't make it on time, but thank God everything worked out. Like most of you I have a few questions about the letter of receipt from the Nursing Division (as mentioned in the nursing application package) and how many spots were avaliable this year for the traditional nursing program. I was actually hoping that since the momentum program is suspended that maybe there would be more spots added to the traditional track since a whole program is now down, wishful thinking I guess lol.Anyway, I called the MEC today and had no luck whatsoever The student services rep kept repeating that letters will go out in four weeks and said there would be no letter of receipt coming and that one should tract their application package when mailing it in. I'm sure most of us did just that but I kinda wish there was still, at least, an email or something saying that they received our applications. I actually did ask how many spots were avaliable this year for the traditional program and she said they have no idea, I figured they wouldn't know but I thought it wouldn't hurt to ask anyway. I think about this application ALL day long! I really hope these four weeks go by fast. I also want to know how I stack up to the competition so here are my stats as requested:
GPA 3.7 cumulative TEAS 86% overall. I think Chamberlain school of nursing in Arlington is my #2 choice as well aj123
All co reqs done except HUM elective. I feel like today the real count down begins, happy thoughts everyone
- May 14, '12 by TanteiTraditional Fall '11 had a total of 151 cohorts, which later shrunk to 144 after a few declined their acceptance. Judging from the amount of available seats, there seems to be 142 for Traditional Fall '12. The number can, and will most likely, change within the next 4 weeks.
Do not be surprised if the acceptance letters are delayed. Summer '12 is one busy semester since OB, Psych, and Community-Based are all done within a 12-week period.
- yay! You're GPA is definitely a lot better. But happy thoughts and faith will get us all through.
thanks for answering my request!
- what is your GPA and TEAS, Etrips? if you do not mind me asking?
any of you taking summer school? If not accepted, any of you will try hybrid?