vcu amsn/absn admissionsRegister Today!
- by jt43 Jan 9, '12I'm new to this forum. Received a waitlist letter for VCU's AMSN program today. Anyone else hear anything? There was a note in my letter saying ABSN letters would be sent out mid-Jan.
- I got a wait list letter for the AMSN program today. I am kind of bummed, but still have 3 schools to hear from.
- Have you completed all your pre-reqs for vcu? I'm wondering if they waitlist applicants when they dont have official transcripts for all the pre-reqs
- I am taking MicroBio and Physiology with labs this spring, so that could be a possibility. Do you still have outstanding prereqs?
- I finished my pre-reqs last semester. Am abt to send my transcript in. I know 2 people who got into the MSN pgm. Both were waitlisted and both found out accepted after they turned in all the transcripts for the pre-reqs.
Edited to clarify that the people I know were admitted previous years not this year.
- That's interesting. I guess I will just have to wait and see at this point. Hopefully something will work out in the end for us all.
- Jan 11, '12 by slustudentHey everyone, I've been reading on this forum for awhile, I don't think I've commented yet though. I just received a big envelope today and have been accepted into the AMSN program for child's health. I'm really hoping you all get in from the waitlist...it seems like people have a really good shot at getting in from the waitlist, so fingers crossed!
- Slustudent, did you finish your pre-reqs before you applied? Just gathering data for my theory. I didn't realize there even was a child health specialty. Congrats and good luck!
- Jan 11, '12 by slustudentThanks...and yeah the child health specialty prepares MSN students to be primary care NPs for pediatrics. What specialties did you all apply to, or the ABSN program? I have one pre-req left to take this semester-Human Physiology (I already took Anatomy, my school does one full semester w/ lab of Anatomy, and then one full semester of Physiology w/ lab). I just took Nutrition this past semester and had my updated transcript sent to VCU about a week ago.
- So much for my theory. I applied under adult acute care.