Tidewater Community College 2012 Hopefuls? - page 7
by virgolove34 27,366 Views | 228 Comments
Just wondering if anybody is considering TCC... they had two application periods for the fall semester.. december 1st (2011) deadline and march 15 deadline (2012).. im applying in the march group but I know I can't be the only... Read More
- 0Quote from eugeniambellWhere is this place on Diamond Springs? I have done almost all bloodwork and physical is complete. I'm in Oct cohort.Thank you! Cohort 2.
Completed the BLS for healthcare workers last night. If any of you are taking the class on Diamond Springs Road, the instructor Chris is awesome. The 3 1/2 hour class went by fast. I paid for the book but we didn't use it once.
- 0Quote from ivikatashaHey mama, you think nursing fundamentals edition 8, instead of edition 9, will work for first class?Hey guys. I am currently in the nursing program, in nursing 170, so I can answer the question about the pants and stuff. You should really buy the school's pants from the bookstore. If you try to by them elsewhere and they look different, they may not let you into clinical, and you cannot miss any clinical.
If you have any other questions I will try to answer them.
Congrats on getting in! Enjoy your free time while you can
Has anyone found the same uniforms and shoes anywhere else cheaper??
- 0May 25, '12 by ivikatashaA few things, haha:
1. You can get your CPR training through TCC, the class is HLT 105. They normally meet twice and then you get certified for 2 years. It is the BLS for the healthcare provider. They seem to have a few classes each month. It is a 1 credit course.
2. The titers are to check your blood for immunity for whatever they are testing for. Even if you have had your shots you need to get the titer because you may not be immune. I was up to date on my MMR shots, yet it said I was not immune, so I had to go get that shot again.
3. I have been to multiple stores in the area trying to find the uniform for cheaper, no one seems to sell it. Maybe you guys will be more lucky.
4. What I did for the fundamentals book was buy the ninth edition online from amazon, and buy the mynursinglab access code from amazon too. They were significantly cheaper. I can't really answer if the 8th edition would work. Normally there has to be a lot updated to go to a new edition, so you risk missing things.Last edit by ivikatasha on May 25, '12
- 0May 25, '12 by virgolove34Definitely don't want to get poked too many times aha. Oh well. It's gotta be done. I'm not sure where exactly the CPR place is on diamond springs, i was just going to mapquest the address. I think it still comes out cheaper taking the class at the place. One credit at TCC is over $100 I believe.Last edit by virgolove34 on May 25, '12 : Reason: Misspelled word
- 0May 26, '12 by tcchopefulI was thinking of buying the fundamentals books now and looking over it before this fall but then I seen there was like 1600 pages. Do you really go through that whole book in one semester? and is it worth trying to buy it now and look over it? Thanks for answering all our questions!
- 0May 26, '12 by AbacrumbieHey! I'm glad I found this site! I'm in Cohort 2 in October. All I have left to do is the CPR class. I think i'm just gonna take it at the Diamond Springs location. I do have a question...How do I know if I need Math 1? I can't remember my scores from the test. I took the new test after January, not the old one. I think it was the HESI.
- 0May 26, '12 by virgolove34Quote from AbacrumbieThis is quoted from Ms. Joanna... Congratulations again on your provisional admission! Since you took the HESI Exam, the Math 1 requirement does not apply to you.Hey! I'm glad I found this site! I'm in Cohort 2 in October. All I have left to do is the CPR class. I think i'm just gonna take it at the Diamond Springs location. I do have a question...How do I know if I need Math 1? I can't remember my scores from the test. I took the new test after January, not the old one. I think it was the HESI.
- 1May 26, '12 by ivikatashaQuote from tcchopefulNah you don't. You will continue to use it in every class. I bought the book a month early and did fine in the class. If you guys want to get a head start, whenever you buy the book, just start with the first few chapters of the book.I was thinking of buying the fundamentals books now and looking over it before this fall but then I seen there was like 1600 pages. Do you really go through that whole book in one semester? and is it worth trying to buy it now and look over it? Thanks for answering all our questions!