TEAS at nvcc. - Page 2Register Today!
- Mar 12, '10 by jess0327Quote from kmp444Thanks for your input....YOu said took a pretest did you went ahead and took the TEAS?Hi,
I took the TEAS test at NVCC in early January. I was really afraid of the myou took math, too. I took a pretest in December and scored a 62% which had me really worried. I borrowed the ATI TEAS guide from the library and studied the practice questions. I essntially learned how to do each type of math problem in the book and then took the practice tests. When I took the TEAS after a couple weeks of studying I scored 99%. I think the ATI guide is a huge help and I didn't see any math on the test that wasn't explained in workbook.
Hope this helps! And good luck to you
I did not pass the math and english, I am a bit down I have retest next month but I am sared since I don't have much time to spare for studying.
- Mar 14, '10 by sassyevehi jess 03227
Did you said you failed both the math and english? well i guess we all in the same boat. I took the teas on march 1st and i failed too! like you said i'm sacred since there is not much time left. But all the same i will try and study and retake it.
- Mar 14, '10 by jess0327Yes....But to be honest the format of the test is a bit ridiculous I never took a test like this in my whole life I really prefer test on paper at list you have the whole thing in front of you!!!!!!I don't know what
I should do next. I am beyond frustrated and I have so much to do on the side that I don't thing I will have the time to spare for studying some more....
- Mar 14, '10 by sassyeveI can understand your faustration Jess,! I have Nas 162 to deal with myself and its driving me nuts! All i can do now is to study and pray. To me, the test was pretty easy but it envolves a lot of critical thinking and the fact that you can't use a calculator makes it more difficult.
- Mar 14, '10 by Flames9_RNBack in 2005 I failed the science portion on the teas--dont think they have science on it now---And I had to do the whole TEAS test over. At 1 time if I failed just 1 section, you just had to do that section over. On my rewrite, lets just say majority of the questions looked very familiar!! Not sure if thats the case everytime!!
If one does the ONLINE nursing course, they got to do most of the exams at home (dont get me started on how unfair that is) and you do it on the computer and it shows 1 question at a time
Same thing with NCLEX, done on the computer, 1 question at a time, and one cant go backwards.
I bought a book to study for the TEAS, I'm sure you can find it online or at the MEC bookstore. As I recall i didnt find it that useful,but I have read others did find it helpful!
"Critical Thinking" you will hear that term a zillion times throughout ur nursing career,lol
- Aug 9, '10 by TLeechFor the students who have taken the exam this year--is there really no science portion any more?
- Aug 12, '10 by natnolesNope, there is no science on the NVCC TEAS exam. I read over the study guide a cople of times and scored very well on all of the sections taken. I did take the TEAS for another school for their BSN program which did include the science portion. The science section was pretty hard and the study guide did not help prepare for that section.