NVCC Grads---Hired?Register Today!
- by LawyerRN2b Dec 5, '11Just curious how NVCC grads are faring right now in the hiring at local hospitals. I've had my heart set on GMU or Georgetown's BSN program, but I have taken a few prereqs at NVCC and I'm pretty impressed so far. I am now considering NVCC--- but the fact that it is ADN (though very highly regarded) and two years gives me a bit of apprehension. I don't mind going back to school once I am licensed for a BSN, but I want to be able to get a nursing job in the Washington DC area. I am pretty much settled here and cannot relocate.
So where is everyone working? I'd love to be able to get into INNOVA if possible or through a new grad program. Any success stories?
- Dec 11, '11 by healthyanalystI'm so interested in the responses to this question as well. Where are you all getting jobs? Classes of 2010 and/or 2011?
- Dec 12, '11 by Flames9_RNI graduated in May 2009 and got a job right away at a hospital. Most got hired fairly soon from my class. Now living out of the country and don't really keep in touch with anyone. Highly recommend one does the preceptorship thats offered during the last semester, it lead to me getting hired.
- Dec 12, '11 by leenakI know a couple people who graduated there within the past few years and I'd say their experiences weren't as favorable including it took them quite a few months to find full time work and it didn't sound like many of them got hired in hospitals. I know almost all of them wanted to work at INNOVA but I don't think any of them got hired there.
Of course I think it is just tough all around.Last edit by leenak on Dec 12, '11
- Dec 13, '11 by efflorescoQuote from Flames9_RNI assume you got hired some place in NOVA? all these other posts are discouraging I was actually quite excited when pursing Nursing despite having a Bachelors in Business Admin. Now I regret not trying to go for an accelerated program in the get go :|.........I graduated in May 2009 and got a job right away at a hospital. Most got hired fairly soon from my class. Now living out of the country and don't really keep in touch with anyone. Highly recommend one does the preceptorship thats offered during the last semester, it lead to me getting hired.
- Dec 13, '11 by Flames9_RNYep in Reston! Now a happy bum in another country,lol
- Dec 14, '11 by healthyanalystHmmm, I've heard about Reston and VA Hospital Center being some of the ones that will hire ADN/ASNs....i wonder if this is true
- Dec 14, '11 by Flames9_RNWhen I departed Reston this Spring, I think they had something in the works that all ADN's had to get their BSN in such a time frame. Not sure if thats took place or not.