LPN program in Hampton Roads?Register Today!
- by HeatherMax Mar 15I would love to hear where you went and how it was! I am at TCC right now working on my nursing prerequisites. I have looked at Riverside and liked it a lot, many of the other programs I have seen listed are no longer offerred. Plus I like that Riverside is willing to hire new LPN's from the program.
- Mar 17 by HeatherMaxI have since found a few vocational schools/Adult learning centers locally too...so many choices
- Mar 17 by Graduate2010Heather,
Good morning! I would suggest going to a vocational school. One it's cheaper and two you can get in done in 18 mths. I personally went through Hampton's vocational school (LPN program has been closed since 2011 due to low NCLEX pass rates). Norfolk votech has one however application deadline is over. Try Va Beach Vocational or Chesapeake. They offer daytime classes. If you need additional information go to their websites. Good luck!
Stephanie E, LPN
- Mar 17 by HeatherMaxDo they take financial aid? I have a pell grant.
- Mar 19 by HeatherMaxI went and checked out the Norfolk site today, such nice people! I found out they do take financial aid, and I have filled out my application! I figure we all take the sams NCLEX, why should I drag my family down in serious debt for the same end result? Looked at MCI, $35,000 for their LPN program.
- Mar 24 by HeatherMaxThank you tko86! How many people graduated with you? I am putting together my application as I type this. Working on my essay now!
- Mar 25 by tko86Well u kno younare mixed in with high school students so majority of them dont take it seriously. You will stsrt off going ebery other day since younade mixed in with high schoolers, the classes are so big. The second part of tje program is when tjings get serious lol. There was about 25 ppl in my class, majority of them high schoolers. 11 ppl graduated from my class. Some failed and some dropped out. Inalso believed the school has maintained 100% pass rate on nclex
- Mar 25 by HeatherMaxWhere did you do your clinical's? Did you have a cap ceremony? Was it a diverse class? I am leaning more towards the Norfolk school, I think the hours will work best for my family.