GMU's 2nd Degree Accelerated BSN program for Fall 2012Register Today!
- by sKris Dec 11, '11GMU just posted the application for the Accelerated 2nd Degree BSN program for this coming fall. Anyone else applying?
- Dec 11, '11 by tnbutterflyMoved to VA Nursing Programs forum for more response.
- Jan 8, '12 by sKrisPonte1979--
I'm sorry I did not see your response earlier. I am hoping to turn in my completed application tomorrow. I have an undergraduate degree in Math with a 3.8 GPA and A's in all but one of my pre-reqs. I did well on the HESI with a 94.8 composite although A&P was my lowest section with an 84. I don't really have any experience. I have volunteered at a pediatrician's office for a few months but that is the only medical related thing I have done (beside having 4 kids lol).
I know GMU is very competitive and I'm very nervous. Good luck if you decide to apply!
- Jan 9, '12 by Pointe1978Those are great GPAs and scores!! I'm sure you're application will be competitive!
Mine are not as good. GMU is kind of a wish and a prayer for me :-) BA in Psychology, 3.48. All A's in my pre-reqs except for two. I also got an 84 on A & P scection of HESI. Received 100s and 90s in everything else except for implications and understanding. I HATE those sorts of questions! What does the writer want you to get from this? I answer as to what I derived from it, and then you tell me I'm wrong...UGGG!
I do have a Masters degree in Health Care Management, 3.9 GPA, an internship in the OR, and some medical office experience. I'm hoping this will compensate a bit for grades and score?
Good luck to you!
- Apr 5, '12 by rnva012Anyone else still waiting for their decision letter? I have major anxiety because my back-up plan is VCU and they start on 5/14!
- Apr 5, '12 by sKrisMy GMU letter came yesterday and the nursing school one came today!! I can hardly believe it. I think they send them out in batches so don't worry yet.
- Apr 5, '12 by Loby7641I heard from the BSN program today, really excited since Mason was my first choiceLast edit by Loby7641 on Apr 5, '12
- Apr 9, '12 by CCaralainCongrats all! I received my admission letter last week as well!
Does anyone know on which campus our classes (and clinicals) will be held? I hope it'll only be at Fairfax and not at Prince William.