Chamberlain college of nursing...arlington campus... - page 9
by Kelbelle21 38,905 Views | 87 Comments
I am looking into going to chamberlain at the arlington campus this fall...anyone else looking here or know much about the school? I just started looking into it and might go take a look around the school next week. I have... Read More
- 0Oct 23, '12 by EZAROJRHello fellow ex-WCC student,
I was in the same exact boat, I withdrew from the OB course but me was due to a more personal issue with "the" dreaded OB instructor:***:.. I now attend the Addions, IL campus. I can not say enough about how much I love it!!! WCC was a total waste,not only financially, time wise, but emotionally as well (you know exactly what I mean).. Yes, Chamberlain may be expensive, but it is soooo worth it. As far as getting credits on previous nursing classes, I only got credit for NUR105. It sounds a bit disheartening, but BELIEVE me, when you are sitting in class, you will be telling yourself "omg, I didn't learn sh*** at WCC! Two years of my life a waste!"... I'll stop ranting about WCC, some will say I'm just another disgruntle student, and they are probably right, but I take this into consideration at WCC I was barely surviving w/ a C average.. In Chamberlain, I have made the Dean's list for 2 semesters! and I average a B+ grade now. So no it was not that I was dumb, it was that WCC made you feel that way!
Good luck to you and wish you best of luck!
- 0May 20 by DLB_RNQuote from missceeHey! I graduated from the Arlington campus in Sept of last year. Prepped for the nclex for about 1 month and passed in Dec '13 on the first try. I applied for a job in Jan '14 and got hired in a 2 week time span. I feel CCN really prepared us...even though we all had admin struggles. I don't regret my decision to go there...even though it was very expensive.It's been awhile since the last post. Anyone have any updates? Has anyone graduated? Are you still doing well?
Are there maybe any new prospects (like me) scouring for alternate options than the CC for a nursing degree?
- 0May 20 by missceeI am so glad to hear that DLB_RN! I am looking for backup because I know I want my BSN eventually and haven't spoken to anyone who completed their studies at Chamberlain. I even recently spoke to a recruiter who stated she's hired a few Chamberlain nurses and that they were very efficient and focused. Thanks for taking the time to reply!
- 0Jul 24 by csj50I'm an RN who graduated from NVCC and have had no experience taking courses at Chamberlain but I have to say, when the students visit the unit, the overall education seems poor. I have noticed that other schools have more bedside etiquette (many Chamberlain students just walk into patients rooms, etc, prolly the instructor's fault) and their instructors push them. Many of the chamberlain instructors find an empty computer and do whatever, while others I notice, push their students, follow them around, etc. Huge disservice to the students. Also, I don't think chamberlain holds as much weight as other schools in the area (I.e. Like a university of phoenix). Why is it that so many ppl are attracted to Chamberlain when there are many more schools in the area that offer a high quality education and cheaper?!
- 0Jul 31 by kalchoe8any updates? Chamberlain, Arlington has 3 year BSN program and that's the only reason why I am looking into it. Any kind of information regarding this school would be helpful. I am in CC have taken 16 credits of prerequisites with 3.93 GPA, but it feels like its taking forever in CC.